Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

http://click.email.gopro.com/?qs=7af...b2034403b58209
Old 07-07-2015, 07:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick73 View Post
With any luck they'll bring out a waterproof case that takes it deeper than 10m. But looks sweet none the less.
nick73 likes this.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Woo Hoo! So close to being under 140Kg for the first time in 8 years!

I've gone from 155Kg (14 days ago) to 140.4kg today

I had Gastric Sleeve surgery (removal of 80% of my stomach) on July 6th, best decision I've ever made - I feel no hunger what so ever.

I have boundless energy now due to my body no longer being insulin resistant.

Recovery from the surgery was fairly easy & I'm healing well, although I'm limited to walking only at the moment.

I'm still on a liquid diet but being inventive prevents it from being boring.

Looking forward to being able to work out properly & hitting my goal of 90Kg by Christmas
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 16-07-2015, 09:32 PM

RichX knows their stuff

Apart from being on a liquid diet, with that type of surgery (not getting hungry, 80% of your stomach gone etc). Is it reversible? Can you enjoy a good feed ever again in your life, when you return to a typical weight?

Or is that it for ever? Eg: Your Christmas dinner is going to be 2 slices of Turkey and maybe a mince pie.
Old 16-07-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
Apart from being on a liquid diet, with that type of surgery (not getting hungry, 80% of your stomach gone etc). Is it reversible? Can you enjoy a good feed ever again in your life, when you return to a typical weight?

Or is that it for ever? Eg: Your Christmas dinner is going to be 2 slices of Turkey and maybe a mince pie.
My stomach capacity once I'm fully healed will be approx 150-200mls, the average persons stomach is about 1000mls.

The surgery is not reversible, my stomach is like this:

The sleeve can be forced to stretch over time but forcing food down is VERY painful - the pain is a reminder of your limitations (and is caused by the titanium staples) & partly why the sleeve is so such a successful weight loss tool - it cannot be cheated like a Lapband can be by eating small amounts continually as there is no capacity to store the bulk.

It's a tool that helps you re-learn portion sizes & limits how fast you can eat food.

Currently it takes me about 30 minutes to consume 100ml of soup comfortably - my stomach is still swollen internally & has a capacity of about 50mls at the moment.

I won't be starting solid food for another 3 weeks yet, the stomach takes quite a while to heal.

Once I'm fully healed a full meal for me will only ever be entree sized, also you can't drink & eat at the same time due to the capacity limitation.
amtrapid likes this.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 16-07-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 16-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Sir AntiLag

STIMUL8IN at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to STIMUL8IN

My wife had the same op nearly 2 years ago. She lost 50kg in the first year, before getting pregnant again. Was the best thing she/we ever did. It has totally transformed her life for the better, wish we'd done it years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rossco and amtrapid like this.
[CENTER]My other passion - facebook.com/[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray][B]JamieWebsterPhotography[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
Old 16-07-2015, 11:02 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Great news Rossco Im also having this done soon , Back surgery first though. Must be such a relief dropping 15 kg . Im 161 ATM and with my screwed back cant exercise .

I had a close friend do the surgery 18 months ago , she was 46yo and 118 kg. She is now 68 kg no loose skin ,looks 10 yrs younger and is so much happier. The first 3-4 months are the hardest she told me , especially remembering to eat as you don't feel hungry.

She has said now the stomach has healed and has been a period of time she can eat an entrée sized meal. Best of all you arnt restricted by food choice either like banding. She does still have to take some supplements and drinks heaps of water. I cant wait to get it done had the first appointment and had the blood test just waiting till my back surgery has healed then ill be back to book in.

Unfortunately due to doing bodybuilding for many years the target weight for me is around 110kg . But cant wait. Good luck and keep the updates coming .
AWDmoke and Rossco like this.
Old 17-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

I have struggled with my weight for years now, currently sitting at 125kg.

This surgery is such a drastic change to lifestyle, and in my opinion takes away the ability to be able to enjoy food.

I can see why people do it, and I am tempted!!
Old 17-07-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
I have struggled with my weight for years now, currently sitting at 125kg.

This surgery is such a drastic change to lifestyle, and in my opinion takes away the ability to be able to enjoy food.

I can see why people do it, and I am tempted!!
You can still enjoy your food (Any food once healed) - It's just the quantity that gets reduced. i.e 4 crackers & dip rather than 10 & a tub of dip or 100 grams of steak v a 450g T-bone.

It's a tool to help you learn portion sizes more than anything else.

I know 6 others that have had this procedure - not one of them regrets their decision.
amtrapid likes this.
Old 17-07-2015, 05:34 PM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
You can still enjoy your food (Any food once healed) - It's just the quantity that gets reduced. i.e 4 crackers & dip rather than 10 & a tub of dip or 100 grams of steak v a 450g T-bone.

It's a tool to help you learn portion sizes more than anything else.

I know 6 others that have had this procedure - not one of them regrets their decision.
My mum broke her ankle which. The doctors took 18montgs to find nd fix properly kept. Saying it was a Sprain and she over reacted .... Anyway this resulted in barely being able To walk for nearly 18months . she has always struggled to keep weight off (after I ruined her apparently ) and was allready overweight but this added to it big time.
She got this op nd once the weight started dropping made it far less pressure on her stuffed ankle and eventually got to the point she was able to jog nd what not .... A year out she is less the half her pre op weight and the healthiest she has ever been ...

The best thing is she is able to maintain it very easily .. Like last night we went out for her bday dinner and mum still had a surf and turf but didn't eat the lot ...

I recon its just a fat son diet I get alot of left over these days

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Rossco and amtrapid like this.

Tags
1st_rule_of_rj_is_dont_talk_about_rj, ban rj9999 now, gigolo zurzolo, happy, make, rj find a friend thread, rj off to america mh370 anyone, rj only thread will make me happy, rj9999 still here with no friends & finds new bbq, things, v20