Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
STI Master

Wrexter at standard level

At the end of the day they are the 'professionals' and i use that word lighlty, and in the eyes of the law, they owe you the duty of care to provide you with the services with which you agreed upon. If things go wrong then they should be liable as it was a part of this service.

Being their profession to provide these high powered engines etc they should have sufficient knowledge in what the car should be able to handle and if they beleive the fuel system was not the right choice they should of said so. You have covered your self by questioning their choice in the china spec wastegate.

This is what i can remember from doing a semester of doing engineering law,and i would say you would have a pretty good case so dont just let in and throw in more cash to get it done, stand you grand and get these guys to get it right.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
WRXRW

afaik steve was going to pull the plugs out today and throw the snap-on camera down the bore to check the pistons, take photos then mms then to me. i told him to not even bother, ill pick the s201 on friday (hopefully all done) go back on saturday and have a nice sit down and see where we go from there. the atomic 1050kw complete engine looks like a clear cut winner for now, but will see.

i personally don't want anything to do with nizpro and as a matter of self respect.

why so relaxed? no seriously, have you ever seen or heard of anyone having good luck stories to tell after things go bad with workshops/builds. best thing, pick yourself up, try and warn others to your experience and move on, that's all you can do.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sik em evo4 at standard level

I, like all the other replies, feel for you Ramon. Its hard to get my head around Nizpro's attitude and to top it off allowing you to pay for them to come to perth.
Wishing you well Ramon.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Ramon, I'm with Dan on this.

Find out where Nizpro stands first....if they say they'll fix, then get it in writing.

If they don't want a bar of it, get an engineer to strip it.

They blame the fuel system, but you blame the wastegate. Both cause a lean condition of course, so if you can prove the wastegate was faulty, I don't believe they can say a thing about the fuel system.
I feel for you Ramon.
Hopes, dreams, aspirations. And then to be kicked in the guts by these un-professional Nizpro bastards.

China Spec wastegate on a build like that bah!!!

I'm also with what has been said before, everything in writing between yourself and Nizpro from here on.
This really does sound like their fuckup, both with the tune and the bloody wastegate.

They should be mad to fix their mistakes.
If no resolution then post all your Emails on forums Oz wide and expose the bastards.

Deap breath and leave it a while until things calm down and you gauge a larger response from the performance community.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:41 PM
WRXRW

Hi mate,

As discussed we have made some improvements to our 600 and 950 engines over the past 12 months - we were going to call them 698 and 1050Kw but just got an email saying we were not able to register 1050Kw, so it looks like it might become 998KW............anyhow details as follows:

New for 2008 are pressure fed gudgeon pins and piston crown cooling. These features have been added as part of our ongoing research and development. We want to try and “detonation proof” the engine (as much as we can) so this is why we added these features – and to stay one step ahead of the rest, mate!!!!

These additional features necessitated a slight redesign of the beams of our conrods, hence the increase of the strength rating by about 10%.

A 2008 Spec 1050Kw short motor part # 306430 comprises the following:

· Ultrasonic tested block – thick wall (we reject 4 in 10 for being like Cleveland blocks - too thin in spots due to core shift)

· Brand new crank, stress relieved, magnafluxed, checked for index/stroke, micropolished journals and oil holes chamfered.

· Custom Atomic/Mahle forged pistons – 8.4: comp ratio and with piston crown cooling - an Atomic exclusive. Ultra-quiet operation.

· Mahle nitro carburised turbo rings

· Our billet FatRods conrods #306201 1050Kw – 6.060” C/C, bushed for floating pins, ARP 2000 bolts, cylindrically ground tunnels (not honed) and pressure fed gudgeons - an Atomic exclusive also!

· ACL Competition bearings

· Fully machined inc torque plate honed cylinders, decked, etc

· Race spec clearances to suit up to 1050 flywheel Kw

· Atomic main cap support girdle

· Precision balanced

· Assembled

· Hi temp rear main oil seal

· 8 litres Run in turbo rated oil

· Oil filter

· Full specs

· Install instructions

· 24 months warranty

Cheers, Brad

Atomic Performance Products

PO Box 591, Drummoyne NSW 1470 Australia

Phone: (02) 8665 5889 Fax: (02) 9012 0350

Starting to get some good postive directions to go with the rebuild.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Flat Four Father

IMPRESHER at standard level
Send a message via MSN to IMPRESHER

Nizpro paying for that ??
Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

Your a business man Ramon and i'm sure you wouldn't treat any of your clients with the disrespect Nizpooo have done to you. I can't even wrap my head around their attitude, considering the amount of media exposure they may have got out of your build and possible other clients.

With all of your out of this world builds that we all admire i'm sure the Typhoon will meet or exceed your expectations with the right workshop. Goodluck with the rebuild.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

you my friend have great patience
Old 01-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
I agree with Joe also ramon...

Get it in writing what Nizpro are willining to do then make your decision from there.

I think the way ur email may have sounded by there response, that you were willinging to pay for it so they dont need to admit liability. Now that you have cooled down a little, see what they have to say and get it in writing.

If they blame fuelling and you blame wastegate get a neutral party to inspect it and make an engineering decision. If they blame the fuelling u still may have a leg to stand on as they tuned the car.

If they said in writing that they told you not to drive the car then this is there only get out of free card.. If not you may have something to go with.. I would definately get a lawyer involved...
Ditto mate. For the dollars you've outlayed, you should be receiving hassle free peace of mind quality. I have the name of an independent Insurance Assessor/Loss Adjuster than may be worthwhile talking to. He's a friend of my dad's we used to use when we had to prove customer damage on earthmoving equip, forklfts etc.

Let me know as he was always helpful to us, he would most likely source an engineers report and take it up with nizpro if they are unwilling to accept responsibility. Even if you fuel system wasn't enough, they should've set a 'safe tune' until it was upgraded, surely you would have been accepting of that given the time and money you'd already invested?

Absolute Bloody Cowboys. And if you don't take a stand, they'll continue to get away with it on other vehicles. They led you down the garden path and it's time they got what's coming to them.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

OllieJ at standard level

Got any pics of the GT? I'll take it off oyu when your done :P

Tags
f6, photos, typhoon