Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 01:59 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

I'd say its a widely discussed build with the ford turbo armchair expert brigade - teh internetz is serious buzinezzzzzzzz.......

Lets hope for a speedy and stress-less resolve.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

MadDocker at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
OK lets see how they resolve this.

The worth of a workshop is not in the work they do, but how they solve a problem.

If they fix this problem with no troubles, then they are okay in my books. If they pass the buck, they are dogs like I thought they were after that first response they gave you.

Why couldn't they just give you that sort of response in the first place???
Taking the side of devils advocate or whatever...

I can sort of see where his off the cuff first response came from after reading his second email. Not saying it was the right thing to do and would certainly of pissed me off but it may have been pretty innocent albeit unprofessional on Simons part.

As you say, the thing now is how they go about fixing the problem. Hopefully they do everything they can and get it sorted so everyone is happy. In my eyes this would be a reasonable outcome and they deserve at least some credit.

If they stuff you around and dont do everything they can, they should be exposed for the wankers they truly are.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIZPOOR
please also remember I have spent many many days carefully assembling the engine along with many months developing the package and it also disappoints me on a personal level having any kind of failure.
Well you got paid didnt you??!! There's no wonder so many many days were spent when they charge by the hour!!

Anyway, sounds like a big turn around from the first response and at least you have it in writing if needed later for litigative purposes!

Good luck mate.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY REXTC
Well you got paid didnt you??!! There's no wonder so many many days were spent when they charge by the hour!!

Anyway, sounds like a big turn around from the first response and at least you have it in writing if needed later for litigative purposes!

Good luck mate.
This stuff can ruin a business. Its in "everyones" best interests to achieve a positive outcome.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

Ramon, hope all works out good, anything i can do to help just holler!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:21 AM
WRXRW

well its been an interesting week to say the least!

steve managed to have a peek inside the bores with the snap-on camera. looks like its number 4, plenty of damage too, also blew the tip of the plug right off!

spoke to simon a few times this week and ditto steve. plan is to hang onto it until after new years and then send the engine/turbo back to nizpro. while there it will cop the rebuild and upgrade to the latest cylinder head upgrade (said to be worth 15rwkw at the same boost and around 500rpm less lag) billet harmonic balancer and the brand new billet main cap support that ties everything together. wastegate? looking into that synapse syncrhonic one, thanks saf!

simon assures me that all the parts will be in stock by the time the engine is sent over minimizing down time, in which, mms will use that to build the fuel system.

hopefully 2009 brings the car some good fortune as 2008 was a testing year of up and downs!
Old 07-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I hope so for your sake Ramon. It is a shame that this happened. As far as the extra 15rwkw that is great... lets just hope the engine lasts 2nd time around!
Old 27-01-2009, 08:20 PM
WRXRW

FYI

Hi Ramon, finally got 5 minutes to send you an email, we have been super busy, however just added an extra staff member so I can get back to office work.

We received the engine I think early last week and although I have not stripped it yet I too have look inside it with a bore scope. There id damage to 4 spark plugs and one piston has a hole in it, the other three will no doubt be damaged to some degree and we will know more when it is stripped.

It has failed from lean mixtures as spark plugs are melted off and this is no doubt from an injector supply issue cause more than likely from extra boost once the waste gate diaphragm failed again. We have two other cars running around still with the same waste gates and no problem , however we will be changing them to HKS one as soon as we have stock.

I should have the engine apart late next week and we have new pistons arriving it about 3 weeks, so this should fit in with our current work load well. Ill try and keep you up to date
Cheers Simon
Old 27-01-2009, 08:46 PM