Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI325V6 View Post
This thing is gonna haul
what he said
Old 05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

As economical as the Barina is for buzzing about in, it just doesn't cut the mustard. So, yeh, I am looking forward to getting it all finished. It being in Adelaide does make it a little tricky as I can't really follow the progress and see the transformation unfold in the flesh, but on the plus side it stops me from trying to hurry things along and make the mistake of cutting a corner or something like that. It has 8 days in the paintshop from tomorrow before it is getting moved to an auto electrician to have all of the gremlins sorted out, and after that it will be time to start pulling the current donk out. Still not really planning to fire it up on a base tune until november/december, as I can't really justify taking time off of uni to do so, and it should hopefully give me some more time to fund a 6speed conversion.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Subaru Tech Division

how are you affording all this shit while doing uni if i dare ask,
i'd like to know your secret
Old 06-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Subaru Tech Division

It's no real secret. I finished Yr12 when I was 16, worked my ass off in different wineries for 4 years doing 12-16 hour vintage work, then 8 to 12 hour shifts for the rest of the year, and so when I started Uni in 2008 already had a bit of cash tucked away for just such matters. Add the different project cars I have built and sold, some for profit, some just for the fun of it, either way, that has also helped me along. Now I'm a student I don't really have a great deal of time for long shifts, but still work 3.5 days a week and have classes for the other three. I won't lie, I have had help from my parents a few times along the way, but normally that's only to get money upfront that I have paid them back at a later date. In the end it really just comes down to hard work and making sacrifices.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Subaru Tech Division

yeah, that's pretty good commitment to working though.

i'm in first year uni and i'm struggling to keep my car alive and do a few mods with 3 days working labor and classes and labs all the other days.

i bet you'll be pretty proud of your car when it's all finished then,
well done so far.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

SN4P2ND at standard level

Jordie im in the same boat.
3rd year uni student. Working Casual. Opened up my own iphone repair business. Thats where most of my income comes in. Think of something your really good at, interested in or have extensive experience in and then use that skill and put it to business use. Also, If you have time read (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) Helped me a lot along the way.
Old 13-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Oh hai all, so I've been sent some photos of the buzz box's trip to the panel shop, while it's not yet completed, I thought I might share none the less. We had one of those paintless dent removal mobs to come out and clean up the carpark dents along the car (there was a decent amount, damn uni students just haven't a clue!)

Heh, I think the wing's been there a while...

The 22B replica wing had also seen better days with a lot of the clear coat deciding it had had enough and disappearing, along with the wing bit itself starting to form cracks. So the wing itself has been stripped back and refibreglassed or something like that, I really don't know for certain.

Along with that the front bar, bonnet and both front guards are being stripped back to get rid of all of the stone chips. The lip and foggie covers are being painted today from what I'm aware, so perhaps on the weekend I might get some happy snaps of those, or if all goes to plan, the car in one piece again!

In other breaking news, I've snagged a twin scroll turbo, for those of you on here that are fairly sneaky, you might recognise the snail. It is a IHI VF28 with a larger Garrett wheel and back-cut turbine and has a P25 housing off a VF36.

Old 18-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

So just a small update. The car is no longer at the paint shop, from what I've been told there is not a dent in sight. Which considering how it looked previously, seems almost unachievable. However, I've got a few photos, with the fog covers now on, sadly the lip is still getting painted, as minor priming issues seemed to occur, but that will be going on at a later date. So just a few snaps to show it off.

Mmm... Dent free... But how do you get in without handles? :S

EDIT: Oh, and Gav, if you're reading, I haven't forgotten, will be msging you tomorrow.
Old 18-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
So the wing itself has been stripped back and refibreglassed or something like that, I really don't know for certain.

Looks like 2pac filler to me 'which is better then the standard body fillers, as it sticks better and gives you the ability to create a smoother finish.

Looks like its starting to come together nicely mate, must be shitting you that you can only enjoy it via photos and not in the drivers seat, but as they say 'good things come to those who wait

Now get that engine in already

re: getting the doors open without handles, its matter of cutting your fingers to ribbons whilst fiddling around for the door handle lever, or alternately you can leave a window down and spend the time 'after its painted', with a high pressure air nozzle 'also giving you free entry into an all you can eat bog dust and undercoat buffet'.

edit: looks like some ones already had a go at painting that boot lid a few times without removing the spoiler, shits me when people cut corners to save 10minutes of work, also prob explains why your spoiler was cracking up.

Last edited by mARC; 18-08-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 18-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

new rims?

Tags
2.2, carton, milk