Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree380Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I'm sure Pete and Ryan (developers of Verso) ran tests in the early days regarding the resinatorectomy and some tests involving the CAI's and factory airbox's and there wasn't much difference in them air flow wise....
Old 19-12-2011, 08:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Jon911 at standard level

Sorry to hear bud!
Old 19-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Sir AntiLag

SJTWRC at standard level

Hahaha star fish. Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were after! Keep at it
Old 20-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

To make you feel better, the gains you have posted are pretty much what to expect from putting a TMIC and a set of headers on.

I've always found putting headers on has decreased power, but increased torque. Have a look through and see threads where people have just put headers on. All sound disappointed as it doesn't make dick stroking dyno numbers.

TMIC doesn't create power.

3 port allows better boost control, as noted.

I think the engine design of the 08 is what is holding the car back from making big numbers (there's a reason the manifold is different between a STI and a WRX imo). Forgetting the numbers, the gains you are making are good.

As I have had to learn, don't get fixated on the dyno number. Bum dyno is the best indicator and most importantly does it put a smile on your dial...

Also, it is far more satisfying when your 200hp 'weapon' chops cars with much more 'power'
Old 20-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
I think the engine design of the 08 is what is holding the car back from making big numbers (there's a reason the manifold is different between a STI and a WRX imo). Forgetting the numbers, the gains you are making are good.
What doesn't add up for me is, the only reported difference between an MY08 and an MY09, is a 15% better flowing TMIC, ECU changes and the VF52... and they consistently make 270-280 at the hubs on ASG with basic mods.

Unless the MY09+ engine has some other internal changes that Subaru didn't tell us about?
Old 20-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
What doesn't add up for me is, the only reported difference between an MY08 and an MY09, is a 15% better flowing TMIC, ECU changes and the VF52... and they consistently make 270-280 at the hubs on ASG with basic mods.

Unless the MY09+ engine has some other internal changes that Subaru didn't tell us about?
That is EXACTLY what is bugging the shit out of me, not so much the pure numbers. It would be an expensive exercise, but I am contemplating swapping the turbo back to the stock td04 and see what is does. At least then I'll know whether I have a spastic engine or spastic vf52

edit: ewrxion87's car is making 272hp with stock tmic, cai and tdo4 - 272bhp 436nm(aw)

Kato - as you said at the end of the day, the gains are what I would expect for tmic + headers, I'm just pissed off at the CAI not working and was hoping the initial tune (247hp) was a dud.

In January I will be putting in sway bars which should make the car far more enjoyable
Old 20-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post

Wouldn't suprise me tbh. It might just be something in the ROM limiting output that hasn't been found. I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
That is EXACTLY what is bugging the shit out of me, not so much the pure numbers. It would be an expensive exercise, but I am contemplating swapping the turbo back to the stock td04 and see what is does. At least then I'll know whether I have a spastic engine or spastic vf52

edit: ewrxion87's car is making 272hp with stock tmic, cai and tdo4 - 272bhp 436nm(aw)

Kato - as you said at the end of the day, the gains are what I would expect for tmic + headers, I'm just pissed off at the CAI not working and was hoping the initial tune (247hp) was a dud.

In January I will be putting in sway bars which should make the car far more enjoyable
I wouldn't worry about the dyno figures. My GC8 made 217hp on one dyno then 180 something on another dyno. Yes it is disappointing (and I have spent countless hours trying to work out why) but at the end of the day my dak goes like a shower of shit and that puts a smile on my face.

Apply sway bars, drive it like you stole it, enjoy, rinse, repeat
Old 20-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Just another reason why VF52 is a pointless upgrade?

hehehe...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 20-12-2011, 12:12 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

You are welcome to borrow my gtps02 and see how it goes, but the numbers sure don't add up, there is 30+ hp missing!

Best ask Sean where it is, or scrap the verso shite!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 20-12-2011, 12:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

andrewp at standard level

Also take heart that soon you won't have to look at those horrible chromed out tail lights anymore as your overlays are en route

Tags
betty, craigh, dak, my08, red, verso, wrc