Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree380Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-2011, 03:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

im very surprised.
i dont know much about the verso tunes and ive never dealt with RaceTorque but all i can say is, ive seen 2 of the same cars with the same mods put out diiferent numbers... could be just unlucky or could still be just the tune/ software itself... thats making your numbers different from mine. could even be the way the car was dyno'd 3rd or a 4th gear pull. I dont know, but i agree with everyone else. you have a great looking car and i know they drive awesome. ENJOY IT brother )
PS the DBW lag can be sharpenned up a shitload - but be aware it gets annoying clutch in and out all the time in peak hour :P well worth it tho.

you are welcome to PM me if you want more details mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
That is EXACTLY what is bugging the shit out of me, not so much the pure numbers. It would be an expensive exercise, but I am contemplating swapping the turbo back to the stock td04 and see what is does. At least then I'll know whether I have a spastic engine or spastic vf52

edit: ewrxion87's car is making 272hp with stock tmic, cai and tdo4 - 272bhp 436nm(aw)

Kato - as you said at the end of the day, the gains are what I would expect for tmic + headers, I'm just pissed off at the CAI not working and was hoping the initial tune (247hp) was a dud.

In January I will be putting in sway bars which should make the car far more enjoyable

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Trolley

did the turbo inlet hose end up being installed as you said it may not ?

im looking for one and a specific vendor i deal through says it takes up to 5 hrs to fit the pipe as the manifold has to come off...."im sure perrin version fit straight in" ?

anyways i refuse to pay 5 hrs labour for an apparent $400 part....

let me know mate cause if its DIY i will be...

cheers

Quote:
OK, so now that all the parts have arrived I gathered them together for a group shot. They were all very cooperative and OBAYED my every command but showed disappointment with the lack of bathroom spec location, half naked reflections and moobs. The parts will be going in this coming Friday @ STechnic and then off to ASG the following Monday for a retune.

Unfortunately due to my workplace being ages away from C.I.C and not being able to get out there in time, I'll have to forego getting the headers ceramic coated. I'm just going to wrap them and see how they hold up.

The parts list is as follows:
Cobb SF Intake (08-11)
Silicone turbo intake (may not be installed)
Grimmspeed 3 port boost control solenoid
Unequal length headers & up-pipe
Process West TMIC
Walbro fuel pump

I'll post back up after the retune with elation or disappointment and outline the path the car will (hopefully) take now that the bug has bitten

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays
Old 14-01-2012, 11:46 AM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

260HP ain't bad at all Craig. You have a nice torque spread over 3k.

Im with Kato in getting some handling mods on the thing and then having some fun @ RAC.

**edit**
Think you could do a small vid of the sound with the headers on there now?

Last edited by monkeee; 14-01-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 14-01-2012, 04:43 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

stoff at standard level

Don't compare your car to ewrxion87, he's full of shit! The only graph he's put up in the performance thread conviently chops off the final figures on the bottom of all mms graphs, and its nearly impossible to make out the left hand scale.
But it looks more like about 170kw/227hp, not 272.

Last edited by stoff; 14-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 14-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewrxion87 View Post
did the turbo inlet hose end up being installed as you said it may not ?

im looking for one and a specific vendor i deal through says it takes up to 5 hrs to fit the pipe as the manifold has to come off...."im sure perrin version fit straight in" ?
It didn't get installed because the one supplied was incorrect (the vendor kindly refunded the money). From what I've been told, you can put them in without taking the manifold off but you will have to chop up the stock intake hose quite a bit. Depends if you want to keep it in one piece in case something goes wrong (I would). If you want to keep it in one piece then the manifold has to come off as far as I know. I would perhaps check this info with a couple of mechanics however

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeee View Post
260HP ain't bad at all Craig. You have a nice torque spread over 3k.

Im with Kato in getting some handling mods on the thing and then having some fun @ RAC.

**edit**
Think you could do a small vid of the sound with the headers on there now?
After looking at my graph more closely (looking at HP/torque figures at certain rpm points) and comparing it to a few graphs I have saved here from similarly modded cars, I'm fairly content with it. I'm just waiting for some money to clear into my account and sway bars will going in, possibly end-links, possibly ALK.

I have a video on my "to-do" list. I'll try to drag the missus out and get her to film me doing a take off and drive-by. Alternatively pm me your address and I'll flog past

Last edited by TROLLEY; 15-01-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 15-01-2012, 02:23 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Depends if you want to keep it in one piece in case something goes wrong (I would). If you want to keep it in one piece then the manifold has to come off as far as I know. I would perhaps check this info with a couple of mechanics however
The stock intake pipe is a piece of shit. I would not hesitate ripping it out and breaking it to get a new silicone unit it, seriously.
Old 15-01-2012, 09:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Richx,

completely agree mate, but apparently it takes up to 5 hrs to move manifold etc etc...

$400 part plus 5 hrs labour..... id love to be able to do it on my own.. but thats a big job on a reasonably new car to stuff up.

completely disheartened... not getting headers/ uppipe, pulley or inlet hose now... over it.... gonna cost me a 1400 in labour on top of the parts cost... rediculous imo

saving up for cosworth front mount and a td05 18g /20g twinscroll around June... and fuel pump and injectors i spose too

if you have recommendations for an 08 model feel free to add your opinion / advice.

Trolley - cheers mate that clears a few things up...my stock inlet hose isnt coping with boost.... my car is getting tired very quickly - needs retuning (i rekon its a airflow issue and fuel mixture as i can smell petrol burning). can just about guarentee the horsepower i was getting i aint anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX View Post
The stock intake pipe is a piece of shit. I would not hesitate ripping it out and breaking it to get a new silicone unit it, seriously.

Old 15-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Craig ---- What you have is good enough. Numbers don't matter as different dynos, different atmospherics produce variances. What matters is how it drives on the road and if you are happy with the response, then it is all that matters.

Ewrxion87 --- 272hp vs 436Nm, the torque is definitely at the flywheel though.
EDIT: 272hp is good power regardless!

Now you boys must decide how to use that power to good use on the drags, skids or track.

Last edited by mao; 16-01-2012 at 12:26 AM.
Old 16-01-2012, 12:26 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

the graph is on one of these threads... shows otherwise...mms did a good job but either way your right at the moment the car is performing terribly....

i need it retuned asap and i cant get to mms for the ecutek guy to fix it cause im working away - dont know which other vendor is pro at ecutek...

dont suppose you can hook me up with a good twinscroll turbo kit for a decent price fitted

fmic or good tmic
twinscroll or gtr30 /35 or similar
injectors
probably fuel pump

what would be a ball park figure so im thinking realistically?

i want 300 to 350 hp atw

for the coutesy of this thread pm me and il chat with you in more detail if you can help me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
Craig ---- What you have is good enough. Numbers don't matter as different dynos, different atmospherics produces variances. What matters is how it drives on the road and if you are happy with the response, then it is all that matters.

Ewrxion87 --- 272hp vs 436Nm, the torque is definitely at the flywheel.

Old 16-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

350hp (261kw) at the hubs won't happen on stock ej255 internals for long (if at all).

Maybe if all your dyno runs are done in 3rd like your last one....... lol!

fyi: 350 hp at the hubs would be in the ball park of ~ 440 HP (300kw) at the flywheel..... 77% more than the 169kw (226 hp) it came with good luck with the cadbury pistons & wafer cylinder walls of the 255.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Tags
betty, craigh, dak, my08, red, verso, wrc