Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Nice looking car mate, how many bloody Tom's on this site, never seen so many in one place.

Tom.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 13-04-2012, 09:06 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level

Cheers for the comments guys, nice to know I'm not the only one who likes my car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko[R]uPt View Post
Nice gc8!
Colour-coding would be my only suggestion...
I was originally thinking this too and painting the skirts white, but once I put the STI lip on I was actually pretty happy with the overall look as it ties in nicely with the side/rear skirts.
Hence my colour-coding is black (skirts, rims and tint) on white (panels and calipers)...hence Top-Deck! lol
Saying all of that, I have a strong feeling the skirts will be colour-coded in the not-too-distant future
Old 13-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

you need an STI front lip
Old 13-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
you need an STI front lip
Not sure if serious? or was it a case of tl;dr??
Top-Deck likes this.
Old 13-04-2012, 09:26 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid View Post
Hello Tom, cool name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpreza View Post
Nice looking car mate, how many bloody Tom's on this site, never seen so many in one place.

Tom.
Toms ftw! I agree though, going through school/uni/work I have never had to deal with more then 1 other Tom but on here there are heaps! I guess our love of subies has drawn us all together lol
Old 13-04-2012, 09:27 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Not sure if serious? or was it a case of tl;dr??
haha was just about to ask this myself...?? Although in his defence my pics aren't the clearest...explanation please Kym
Old 13-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

yeah didn't click on pic lol
Old 13-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Deck View Post
Toms ftw! I agree though, going through school/uni/work I have never had to deal with more then 1 other Tom but on here there are heaps! I guess our love of subies has drawn us all together lol
You, me, OP, TJ, Tommo, Possibly Thommo............Any more

Edit, at least another 7 but not all regulars.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Been a while so just throwing up a quick update. Since my last post I have had a Walbro fuel pump installed along with a new radiator, as both old units were starting to cark it.
I also had the guys at STechnic disconnect my fuel pump starter relay off of the brant as the damn thing had the hugely annoying tendancy of not kicking in...hugely frustrating especially as I HATE having anything wrong with my car (apart from the hail dents, learnt to live with those lol). Amazing how something as simple as your car starting first time every time can now seem like a godsend lol

Also managed to get down to the recent beginners skidpan day, which was my first chance to really test out the new handling mods; Sway-bays and struts+springs. Results are incredible!! Such a huge difference in the way the car reacts to inputs and so enjoyable provoking a bit of oversteer in the fast kick-back corners Pretty surprised at how forgiving it is too; after a few runs I really started pushing the boundaries but no big tank-slapping moments (*Jezza cough cough ) at all. Tyres are definitely the limiting factor at this stage though, so I'm guessing that's why the closest I got to losing it was some scrubbing and no big 'let-go' moments...now I really want to get down to barbs to see how I stack up in a timed event!

Anyway tl;dr hugely enjoyed my latest track-day and super keen to get more time in the car doing what it was made for...putting a smile on my face! Now that the little niggles have been sorted it is again my dream car
Old 15-08-2017, 11:18 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Default Update

It has been a few years since I have updated this thread due to travel/building a house/wedding taking up most of my time and funds, but in the last couple of months I have completed the following:
- Swapped out the struts for some new KW coilovers. The cornering grip is unreal now, with the rebound rate of the coilovers spot on for my liking. Surprisingly more liveable day-to-day than the Spec-C gear that was on the car before. Car also sits ~3.5cm lower each corner which has greatly improved the visual presence imo.
- Got the Stechnic boys to remove the Brant entirely. That was a happy day
- Got a new Aluminium gear knob to replace the aging original leather one that came stock. It was an el-cheapo from eBay but am actually pretty happy with the look/feel.
- Finally got my arse into gear and installed sound deadening to all doors and front footwells (see pics). Amazed at how much difference this has made! It is without a doubt the best $30 I will ever spend on my car, with road/wind noise about 50% less I reckon. Really has made daily commuting that much more livable Was actually a fun bit of tinkering too, always nice to learn a bit more about how to take bits apart n fit them back on again...only busted one clip too lol

Other than that, the car has been faultless, with over 320K kms on the clock now. The plan with the car now is to run it until it finally carks it, then it will become my long-term project as I have wanted to sand it back, straighten it up and re-spray for some time now. Will also give the engine a nice refresh at that point too.

In the meantime to keep my tinkering urge satisfied I have a couple of cheap mods planned, being:
- Install second water bottle reservoir in the front wheel arch space to use as IC water spray.
- Paint the front and rear skirts white to colour-match the car and make it look a bit lower.
- Remove the gear knob boot surround and replace with a piece of Perspex as I think the gear linkage looks pretty cool. Easily reversible if it ends up looking crap lol

Will chuck up some more pics of the car when these have been completed.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1925.JPG   IMG_1928.JPG   IMG_1933.JPG   IMG_1934.JPG   IMG_1937.JPG  

matto20v, xr06t, Pimpreza and 2 others like this.

Tags
classic, tom, white