Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2010, 06:57 PM
STI Master

SKYHIONPSI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
I bought the car when I was able to afford it but since then the company has announced it is shutting my site down sometime in the near future. That was when I originally put thecar up for sale not knowing for certain my financial future. However when I received my pay rise I worked out I would be able to afford the car again. But pay cut, and it is a pay cut because there was a signed paper and I was already being paid at the rate agreed, now reduces my finance options and The car will have to go back up for sale.
Ah ok fair enough.

Go to a different site then if it means more money, like you said its a win win situation, so i don't see what you are complaining about?
Old 31-05-2010, 07:03 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

so got home and checked the contract and its signed by both parties. so im gonna take it to him tomorrow and have a chat with him and see what the outcome is then.
and as captain obvious said they might aswell fire me if it doesnt get fixed and it is completely insulting.

and correct me if im wrong but to the business owners who were saying stuff about them being the ones who risked it and they get fucked if the business goes under. but im pretty sure its the shareholders who suffer the flack in a publicly listed company. from what ive seen of publicly listed companies the bosses get off with a quite nice severance package if the company goes under. so seeing as my company is publicly listed your opinion is not valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYHIONPSI View Post
Ah ok fair enough.

Go to a different site then if it means more money, like you said its a win win situation, so i don't see what you are complaining about?
the only reason i wish to stay here is the redundancy offered for when the place does shut up. it will make quite a sizeable dent in my car loan.
Old 31-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

redundancies are protected under the current labour gov.

Long live the WRC
Old 31-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

STI325V6 knows their stuff

^^^
"and correct me if im wrong but to the business owners who were saying stuff about them being the ones who risked it and they get fucked if the business goes under. but im pretty sure its the shareholders who suffer the flack in a publicly listed company. from what ive seen of publicly listed companies the bosses get off with a quite nice severance package if the company goes under. so seeing as my company is publicly listed your opinion is not valid"

Agree with this, if they meant public companies, if they are just self-employed and the business folds, well who is to blame, I would say the proprietor as it's their business and they couldn't run it!!!
Old 31-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

Give Fair Work Ombudsmen a call or have a look up on their website. They would be the one's to lodge a complaint with.
Old 31-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotydog View Post
True - sat in on a client meeting Friday where the employee wanted 50% of profit after break even as a bonus.

Seriously, if the business turns to shit who loses their house, car and gets to be bankrupt for 3 years - the employee gets another job.
Well you shouldn't be living above your serviceable means then?

And if you want to play Hollywood without planning for the future then that's your problem not the employee's.

in before the following responses:
  • Its my business I can do what ever I want with it <== rebutle fair enough, if you arent willing to look at performance of an employee and real worth they are to the company then I will find someone that does, or go it myself 'indirectly taking away some of your share of the market'.
  • The wage book or industry average says this <== its amazing how many people find www.randomwebsite.com to justify a crappy increase in wage 'pay me what I'm worth'.
  • Screw you do you think you're the only person in the world to fill this position and if you leave the business is going to crumble, it was here before you got here and will continue after you leave <== very true, but has the value add from the employee been taken into consideration and what they have done for the business since they started 'note this point is for employers that make reference to www.randomstandardwagesite.com.

It really shits me that some employers hide behind these apparent industry norms and don't pay based on value to the business, spose now-days it doesnt really matter as there's always a 'pull me out of the shit', insurance policy you can purchase that will cover you.

Last edited by mARC; 31-05-2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old 31-05-2010, 08:13 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
redundancies are protected under the current labour gov.
what you mean?
when the place shuts down i get a certain amount of redundancy payout plus my saved up holidays whereas if i just left now or was told to leave i would only get my saved up holidays.
Old 31-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
Well you shouldn't be living above your serviceable means then?

And if you want to play Hollywood without planning for the future then that's your problem not the employee's.
employees are entitled to walk out if they dont like the working conditions!

Long live the WRC
Old 31-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
what you mean?
when the place shuts down i get a certain amount of redundancy payout plus my saved up holidays whereas if i just left now or was told to leave i would only get my saved up holidays.
redundancies are protected for full time staff, i'm not sure about fixed term contract staff, it is probably different arrangement, relating to your former AWA,

Long live the WRC
Old 31-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
employees are entitled to walk out if they dont like the working conditions!
Indeed they are, but a little financially remunerated respect goes a long way.

Tags
pay, rise, taking