Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2010, 10:53 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level
Default Taking away a pay rise.

Well as it turns out the promotion was the only thing I was hanging around for. As I'm still on one of the lowest paid sites in the industry even if I'd kept my payrise, I have no problem with getting a new job. There's alotof work out there for people with a few years experience. So I'm definitely going to fight it. If I lose my job I'll just end up at another site which pays better so either way I win.
Old 31-05-2010, 10:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

And also I think the main reason they are doing it is because a few other people who should be getting more than I was put up to found out and complained and it's easier to put one persona pay down than 3 peoples pay up. There's not really a problem wiith money for them as they made 16 million profit last year and have 40 million in the bank. And the gold price is just going up.
Old 31-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

how did people find out? what you get paid is not for anyone else's eyes/ears except you, and you're boss, or payroll manager...
Old 31-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Wageline...?
Old 31-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Don't look at what profits they have made or how much cash they have in the bank. That is the business owner's information and has no direct link to your pay.

Simple thing is you get a contract, agree to the terms and sign. If your employer wants to change it, they will essentially be terminating the existing contract and starting a new one for you to agree to. If you don't like the new contract, don't sign and move on.

(P.S. Yes I know there are lots of other ways to do it, this is just my simple way of explaining it)
Old 31-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
And also I think the main reason they are doing it is because a few other people who should be getting more than I was put up to found out and complained and it's easier to put one persona pay down than 3 peoples pay up. There's not really a problem wiith money for them as they made 16 million profit last year and have 40 million in the bank. And the gold price is just going up.
As an employer that is one of the most annoying and bullshit attitudes ever. Yes I have a nice house and yes the business makes money and yes I have cash in the bank. However if it all turns to shit I lose everything. Would you then put your hand in your pocket to help me out if times were not so good?

We have about 150 employees and we have to structure their wages under the assumption that everyone knows what everyone else earns. People just cant keep shit to themselves. Everyone is on a level and once on that level they can choose between casual / permanent depending on whether they want the extra 20% cash that casual brings with it.

At the end of the day no job should be a death sentence. If you are not happy / feel unjustly done by vote with your feet. You being unhappy in a job is not good for anyone. It is not good for you because you not happy and it is not good for the company because human nature says you are gonig to whinge to your fellow employees and bring them down to.

my 2c.

Brendon
Old 31-05-2010, 01:07 PM
STI Master

Trexx at standard level
Send a message via Yahoo to Trexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
As an employer that is one of the most annoying and bullshit attitudes ever. Yes I have a nice house and yes the business makes money and yes I have cash in the bank. However if it all turns to shit I lose everything. Would you then put your hand in your pocket to help me out if times were not so good?

We have about 150 employees and we have to structure their wages under the assumption that everyone knows what everyone else earns. People just cant keep shit to themselves. Everyone is on a level and once on that level they can choose between casual / permanent depending on whether they want the extra 20% cash that casual brings with it.

At the end of the day no job should be a death sentence. If you are not happy / feel unjustly done by vote with your feet. You being unhappy in a job is not good for anyone. It is not good for you because you not happy and it is not good for the company because human nature says you are gonig to whinge to your fellow employees and bring them down to.

my 2c.

Brendon
True - sat in on a client meeting Friday where the employee wanted 50% of profit after break even as a bonus.

Seriously, if the business turns to shit who loses their house, car and gets to be bankrupt for 3 years - the employee gets another job.

The owner takes the risk and the reward, the employee takes a salary.

My employees take 3 payslips to the bank and get a loan, I cant do that.
Old 31-05-2010, 01:16 PM
STI Master

BREW at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
+100000 till armageddon!!
If employers were to understand the amount of risk involved in any business/developments, that would put them into perspective.
Old 31-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
Is it legal if you get a promotion and you get a substantial pay rise, that after a month your boss realizes he put your pay up to far and reduces it again? Because that just happened to me this morning and I lost 4k of my pay rise.
Perhaps you should be grateful that you didn't lose your job
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 31-05-2010, 03:47 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

Why should I be grateful I didn't lose my job? If the pay cut stays as it is im gonna leave anyway. There's so much work out there for people who can be bothered to find it. I hate people who whinge about losing they're jobs. Either way now I've lost the pay rise my car is gonna be up for sale again. You shouldn't be able to give someone a piece of paper telling them how much they are getting paid have both people sign it and pay you at that rate for month, only to say sorry other people are upset about your pay level so were taking the rise off you.

Tags
pay, rise, taking