Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

DEDLYWEPN at standard level

I can't see why you're jumping on here getting opinions from people who probably 90% of have no idea what they're talking about.

Take the one piece of valid advice given so far, speak to the ombudsman or wageline. Or better yet, a lawyer - a signed contract is a legally binding document and you will surely have a case.

FOR SALE - [MY REXTC] - Custom Polycarb Plates - PM Me
Old 02-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDLYWEPN View Post
Take the one piece of valid advice given so far, speak to the ombudsman or wageline. Or better yet, a lawyer - a signed contract is a legally binding document and you will surely have a case.
Bare basics contract law. Opinions mean shit when it comes to contracts, it's either do what the contract states, or don't do what it states. Your contract = payrise so they must provide.

They don't provide it & they could face alot more problems if you took it further, even go to the length of legal action for not complying with contract terms, get a payout + damages & legal costs. They would be stupid not to just give you the payrise.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I love the contract advice when people haven't read the contract or it's terms and conditions.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
...if you took it further, even go to the length of legal action for not complying with contract terms, get a payout + damages & legal costs. They would be stupid not to just give you the payrise.
The lawyers will charge him $4000 to create & open a case file. Suggesting he get lawyers involved will cost him far more $, even if he wins.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 02-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Agreed. It is stupid and hard and will prob cost him money but its still CRAP that they do this! People cant afford to stick up for themselves to these idiot bosses so that why they stay idiots. I would look for another job. As you said plenty out there.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Cut your losses and leave. There's no point in screwing around because if you took it to the lawyers and blah blah blah, they'll quite possibly fight your 1 lawyer with 5 of their own and it seems like they will have the "bigger sticks" in the fight. If you cop it on the chin leave and get better money elsewhere you'll be happier and not have to use the payrise you fought for to pay straight to the legal profession.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUES View Post
The lawyers will charge him $4000 to create & open a case file. Suggesting he get lawyers involved will cost him far more $, even if he wins.
And that's entirely his choice if he wanted to go that direction & pay the fees. Never suggested he goes to a lawyer, merely pointing out it can go that far if he wants to pursue it. Read twice before replying next time.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
Then why would u quit.. ud rather loose your car on ur prinicples.. pretty childish behaviour imo.. Stay with that job until another comes your way, dont go quiting because u got your panties in a knot.. In all seriousness 4K over 1 yr is fk all a week (i.e $75) so if you couldnt afford your car because you couldnt get your payrise then really you couldnt afford your car to begin with..
I bought my car when I had job security. Now I know that this site is shutting down in a few months I'm unsure of my financial future. Hence the reason the car is for sale. The extra 75 bucks a week would have made a big difference especially considering it would have bumped my redundancy up a few thousand dollars. Allowing me to keep my car. Now that it's gone back down it's going to make a dent but not one big enough. Hence the reason I'm trying to sell again. The money I like. The boss I don't. Hence the reason I'm looking for a new job. I never said I was gonna quit before I got a new one.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:52 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDLYWEPN View Post
I can't see why you're jumping on here getting opinions from people who probably 90% of have no idea what they're talking about.

It's in the complaints and greivances section. Not the please give me legal advice section. The question in the original post was hypothetical. I wasn't expecting to use the advice given here. However I have found out where to lodge a complaint if they actually start paying me less before I sign a new contract.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:06 PM
STI Master

Smokey at standard level

If theyre backing out of a 5k payrise, theyre not worth hanging around for. I think some people here are forgetting that an employees business is selling their services to the employer, who then seeks to make extra profit on that service.

A decent employer would of offered a halfway point, which I doubt you would of had a problem with, or told you, no payrise next time around. Their mistake, they live with it. Its going to cost him more than that to replace you!

Good luck finding a new job mate!

Tags
pay, rise, taking