Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level
Thumbs up

Yeah Yahoo Groups, now we are going back a ways. Still got some of that stuff in my old Email folder.

Yes we migrated here to the Original Perth-WRX when most of us could not be bothered turning up to the IWRXOC meetings and wanted a virtual space that was more dynamic and with a younger crew and with more hardcore modders.

Ramon (WRXRW), Stace (Tuna), JME (EXPLICIT), Dan, Chris (STI_Tuned), Joe (BALISTC), Monzu and all the rest. There are parts and knowledge built into my car that I thank you for.

I missed tha infamous MV03 goddamit, but well remember the first Possum Memorial cruise when EXPLICIT was still running. I'm sure that was the one where I eneded up lost in the back of the pack and had to outrun that gully bushfire that swept over the treetops while passing underneath!!!

Unfortunately these days I too find it hard to be on here on a regular basis I'm usually around only when I'm modding, which is happening in a big way at the moment. I look fondly back on the early days when GC8 only cruises where the norm and there was more pride held in owners rides with more classy mods about and not so much rice!!!

Oh yeah bring back the spectacular old GC8 mongrels Possum Bourne and Colin McRae. Now that was when WRC was at its peak for me. Its just not the same these days.....

Last edited by WRXTASY; 17-08-2007 at 11:06 AM.
Old 17-08-2007, 09:24 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

harlz21 at standard level

Wouldnt say its turned to shite, just new people coming through etc..

Going through a bit of a transition as the old take more of a back seat and waiting for some new people to lead the way

..OMG! thats so sick it makes other things that are sick look less sick..
Old 17-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

IMHO, the best part of PWRX always has been, and always will be, the food.....if there is anything that brought owners together more than WRXs, it was meeting up somewhere and stuffing our faces

Back in the day, started at Il Pads for the best Friday lunch pizzas of all time.

The Fremantle Lunch Cruise was another memorable moment....

Then around 2003 the Fabs era started...at one stage I remember going there 3-4 times a week with different pdiddy crew, but especially Big Dan, Robbie Caps, Ramon, Allan Nivatvongs, Paluch, etc.

When Fab dropped the ball in 2004/2005, we migrated over to Istanbul for the best Samsuns in town. To start off, we used to get take-away and eat it at Rob's work (Crystal pest control) which was just 100m away, but then we started eating it there when the new owners came in, and it became a massive event...who could forget the 25+ PWRX crew on a Friday at lunch time??

I'm glad to have been a part of the PWRX food festivities, mainly because I was working in North Perth at the time, and all of those places were a stones throw away from me....I could get a phone call, and 3 mins later I'd be there ready to eat

Last edited by BALISTC; 17-08-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 17-08-2007, 09:41 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Chad 241WRC at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Chad 241WRC

Ahhhh the memories........ still remember getting an email from ramon about perth wrx Yahoo group.... he got my details from RollaBoyz (yeh thats a flashback too), I remember the norm was logging into your email account and having 40+ emails ready to read from the previous nights discussions.....
I Remeber my first cruise when i rocked up with my car stickerd up to the hilt like a Rally car those where the days, back when ramon was the offical Perth WRX photographer, and setting new madness levels of hanging out of moving cars to get that perfect photo......
I Remember Organising the FIRST Possum cruise, and when it was a huge cruise when you had 40-50 Cars..... the second year was the year with the Fire and that was Mad......
I Remember the Perth WRX MC Championship winning Team, back when racing with the boys as a team was the thing you did, and the list of people to join the team was always full..... everyone wanted to be part of it.....
Motorvation......... I dont need to say anymore except that was me driving Chris's car in that infamous Antilag off.......
Watching through the years of WRX Developement when having a Full TBE and a aftermarket top mount and a LINK ECU where considerd the ultimate mods.......
and as Ramon said the Friends I've made from owning a Car who would've thought..... I can gladly say I've met some of my best mates here.....

Cheers
Chad
Old 17-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

i rememebr first joining up back in march 2004, with my first rex a green bog stock 98 shitter when i was 18, with me knowing sweet fuk all about rexes, everything ive learnt has pretty much come through this site or links off thsi site, so its been abig help.

i still rememebr the old forum pretty well, one of the funniest moments on the forum i saw wuld have to of been in mid 04 when simon (polar) joined up and started babbling his shit, and one of the mods changed all the forum headings based around polar haha, sure his proud of that as his put it up afew times.

i rememebr my first cruise in april 04, a very wet friday night unofficial cruise, had about 30 odd cars, and thats when i really fell in love, seeing all thses modded rexes in the flesh and just hearing the rumble, was an eventful night, with one bug eye being written off, cant remember whsoe it was though.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:10 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlz21
Wouldnt say its turned to shite, just new people coming through etc..

Going through a bit of a transition as the old take more of a back seat and waiting for some new people to lead the way

hahaha well u wernt back in the hey day, theres alot of whingers on here now and any site of friction threads get locked up and ppl cry... the ol days were like an old western movie... ahhahaha

plus theres alot more dribble on here then there every used to be..
Old 17-08-2007, 10:41 AM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

I bet it was a lot more hetrosexual back in the day too
Old 17-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I remember the email group. There was perth wrx for the normal people and the elite / old school were on nexus. As far as I know these things are still up.

MV03 was dire. I remember the driving events. Did alright too. Got $20 for winning.

The Perth-WRX mc team was fun. No one took us or the team seriously.....then we won. Non of this fancy thing out at the airport. This was at the old one out at Wanneroo.

Does anyone remember the IWRXOC meetings when someone would come and tell everyone outside to be quiet?

Brendon
Old 17-08-2007, 01:51 PM
WRXRW

i echo everything that's been said.

turned to shit? well, it has a little. its lost that original spark it once had but like myself, many of the people who been here a while are now a little older and have moved on. personally, im here for life!

10 years ago when i first bought my wrx i was 20 years old as a guess that would be the medium age of most current pdiddy peeps now. us elder statesmen are viewed with respect but at the same time with contempt, no different how we felt towards the wrxoc back in the day. everything serves a purpose though and i believe if the wrxoc is your thing, u should stand loud and proud (albeit with mardi-gras anthems puns intended).

Always sort of been an us and them philosophy. us against dodgy workshops, us against fag hat other clubs and so on. i think pdiddy is quite unique and very special, look past the current sea of polls and worthless banter and you will find a great little online community.

rock on mv08!!
Old 17-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I think I joined Perth-Wrx somewhere around 04 maybe feburaryish. I found the site from the Vic WRX Clubs.

I learnt a lot here and will hang around for a long time to come, even though I don't own my WRX anymore I still feel it is a great place to come. I definitely will own a WRX again but for the minute I drive a taxi. The place has certainly changed over the past couple of years, it definitely isn't as informative anymore but then again I am not looking for WRX related stuff anymore.

I have only been on a handful of cruises and only know a select few from here in person. I will endeavor to come on more cruises in the next few months and put a few more umm faces to names?

P.S I still like the black Pdiddy site better

Tags
history, perthwrxcom