Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
lol. I wasn't worried about the authenticity of the bar, or it's special magical powers, more importantly I didn't want to see it crack and fall apart like so many bars that get cut up and lose integrity.
Never question the magical powers of the Ninjas Doug.

But yes cutting and cracking would be my biggest concern!

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Praise the lord! Do what makes you happy man, and thats my point mostly. Every man and their dog wants you to do something different. Do what makes you happy - your car, your time effort and money.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and more often than not they are full of shit.

I did about 12 events....
Yeh mate i dont mind ppls opinions otherwise i wouldnt have never bothered with this thread. In the end i choose to do what i want to do as i am the only one to face the consequences...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
I've seen Tino at about 7 events I think..

Tiny, do what Doug said... he knows best.
I think ive done similar to TJ but whos seen him there.. lols

bah i do what i know best... hahahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
lol. I wasn't worried about the authenticity of the bar, or it's special magical powers, more importantly I didn't want to see it crack and fall apart like so many bars that get cut up and lose integrity.

Dougie this is the strongest front bar ive seen in my life, the carbon construction is unbelieveable and very very light. Im actually wearing down the blades trying to trim this bar, so cutting for those oil coolers will not affect the integrity of the bar at all...

I think im going to trim it to fit the coolers as really once i paint the bar and loose the stickers apart from the super taikyu one im never going to sell it..
Old 05-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_STYLE View Post
Never question the magical powers of the Ninjas Doug.

But yes cutting and cracking would be my biggest concern!
Wayno when u see this bar u will bar up with how strong it is
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Non-competitive means nothing imo.

If you are doing No-limits / Collie etc there is a massive danger. I'd also call them competitive as you are trying to push yourself to find limits or drive better. Plenty of people rolling cars Australia wide in 'non-competitive' motorsport. Come off the track, dig a tyre in the dirt and start saying sky-dirt-sky-dirt-sky-dirt...

Having nearly double or triple the power that most people have, safety would be high up in my books. A gucci $15k crmo cage isn't needed for your car. $1-2k on something basic could be done that integrates with your interior.
Hooray...

SOMEONE saw where I was going with the half cage comment. It wasnt about stiffening the thing up Tino, it was self preservation. Im not having a go at all here, but look at what happened to another forum member at Barbs, and she wasnt even 'caning' the car yet? A simple 'mis-line', car got turned around, bam, look at the damage. Luckily driver/instructor walked away unhurt. Look at another member at Collie... times dropping during the day, was getting quicker and quicker, and one unsettled car through 2 and 3, look what happened. Again, mostly cosmetic, but with the power you have at your disposal, things WILL happen bulk faster!

And having bolt in front bars, (if that is legal??? i am unsure with regs/supps), on track days, would mean its still all kocher (spl?) and road legal yeah?

Tj made the most relevant post, its your car, you're going to do what you want anyone, so whats the point of the front bar questions/polls? Go with what your heart/head desires, as after all this time, its clear to us, money is basically no object, and the thing is going to fly anyway!

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

do a fucking skid already
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Quit walking marathon laps at the plex and get this thing finished Tino!!!

p.s - stickers look gay

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepR View Post
Hooray...

SOMEONE saw where I was going with the half cage comment. It wasnt about stiffening the thing up Tino, it was self preservation. Im not having a go at all here, but look at what happened to another forum member at Barbs, and she wasnt even 'caning' the car yet? A simple 'mis-line', car got turned around, bam, look at the damage. Luckily driver/instructor walked away unhurt. Look at another member at Collie... times dropping during the day, was getting quicker and quicker, and one unsettled car through 2 and 3, look what happened. Again, mostly cosmetic, but with the power you have at your disposal, things WILL happen bulk faster!

And having bolt in front bars, (if that is legal??? i am unsure with regs/supps), on track days, would mean its still all kocher (spl?) and road legal yeah?

Tj made the most relevant post, its your car, you're going to do what you want anyone, so whats the point of the front bar questions/polls? Go with what your heart/head desires, as after all this time, its clear to us, money is basically no object, and the thing is going to fly anyway!

Brent.

Brent as i said to Jonno ill say to you none of those crashes involved roll overs. This is the only support a half cage will afford as they dont have side intrusion bars to protect against other impacts such as side and frontal. The only benefit is running a harness you would want to have a cage which supports the roof from caving in as if you only have the rear harness bar your head stays fixed so if you roll over you will snap your neck in half..

So i would only put a harness on if i had a half-cage as a minimium.

As for bolt in side intrusion bars im not sure if they will fit do to the interior door parts and i think on any side impact the bolts holding them together would snap causing the bar to be a weapon of mass destruction...

Lastly yeah ill do what i feel will benefit the car saftely, performance and cosmetic wise. I like to hear everyones opinions as it gives me ideas of what to do. My brain is used too much at my work so sometimes with these sort of things i dont have the capacitiy to think outside the box and i need a nudge here or there..

As for money comment, i forgo lots of things to modify my car, including holidays. Somthing alot of people could never give up and this is some of the reason why i am able to do what i do...

Work karnts hard is my only advice.. lols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Quit walking marathon laps at the plex and get this thing finished Tino!!!

p.s - stickers look gay

Jimmy, Dont hate the player hate the game
Old 06-01-2011, 11:25 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Put in the half cage, if the doors are oem you have the side intrusion bars already. If they're being changed you need third party bars. You don't think you need roll over protection till you see a roll over.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

After seeing images of a few evos becoming yo-yos in the past year at non-competitive events, that commodore at no limits the other year and the fact I am getting old and wise... Safety first comes to mind. I hope I never have to prove that my half cage works. But I would hate to have an incident and then wish I could have proven if it did work.

But it's your car, your choice. I still think a simple roll over protection device could be integrated into your car and look f*ckin gucci. It doesn't have to be crmo, heck you could tell everyone it is, they can't tell.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
After seeing images of a few evos becoming yo-yos in the past year at non-competitive events, that commodore at no limits the other year and the fact I am getting old and wise... Safety first comes to mind. I hope I never have to prove that my half cage works. But I would hate to have an incident and then wish I could have proven if it did work.

But it's your car, your choice. I still think a simple roll over protection device could be integrated into your car and look f*ckin gucci. It doesn't have to be crmo, heck you could tell everyone it is, they can't tell.
lol if i did do it i suppose i would make it more than a half cage but still removable i,e have more cross bars at the rear.

And instead of being painted i would have it covered in alcantra aka GT3 styes to make it blend in with the interior...

hmmm may make a call to LF and do some enquires...

Tags
anymore, back, because racecar, build, clacka, cs = cock smoker, dougy wants to see tinos hairy balls in mirror, elmo, engine, fat, less wing moar sequential, rats, russ's other ride is tino, sequential gets the bitches, tino needs music due to the lack of pussy, top scoob, trainwrex, where is tino?, [tinonot] ?