Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-2007, 02:14 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
forget the r180, this is what you want!

holinger IRS 9", the only non watts linakage one of its type so you could still have some kind of handling! i actually looked into it for the 'rw so if you need more info, let me know!

i like!!! more info!!!! prices,place to buy,how hard is it to fit up? would be perfect for those rwd moments!!!! is it just me or does even the diff look like a turbo!!! the r180 rear end has much stronger parts than the rear end in my rex so it would be a great upgrade but having that rear end AND that holinger diff!!!

Last edited by play3r; 30-11-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 30-11-2007, 09:54 AM
WRXRW

its about 15k and like with all things holinger, no better place to shop than with them. budget another 10 grand to fit it with custom drive-shafts and tail-shaft and its own diff carrier.
Old 30-11-2007, 10:25 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
its about 15k and like with all things holinger, no better place to shop than with them. budget another 10 grand to fit it with custom drive-shafts and tail-shaft and its own diff carrier.

HOLY SHIT!!! hope thats not when its on special!!! roll cage gets fitted next week to da rex too
Old 30-11-2007, 10:26 AM
WRXRW

what cage you going for?
Old 30-11-2007, 10:58 AM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

Quote:
its about 15k
Old 30-11-2007, 02:00 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
what cage you going for?
Goin for a half cage that has removable bars that run next to the front doors, getting it done at maitland performance engineering who are fully booked out til february but im paying a bit more so he can do it all next week instead of when the car gets back from rigoli's.He said it will be drag/track approved and you can easily get a permit for it too.
Old 30-11-2007, 04:43 PM
WRXRW

steve maitland is the yoda of cages, he did mine too.

cro-mo, cds or alloy?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:17 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
steve maitland is the yoda of cages, he did mine too.

cro-mo, cds or alloy?
cool,was gonna get embleton engineering to do it but they gave me steves number instead(sounds like a good choice!!) your cage is a work of art,was reading your thread yeasterday and the amount of work,time and gear that has/is going into your car!!! im sure you've heard this many times before but- HOLY SHIT!!! i basically said i want a half cage that you can get permits for and is race/track approved with a front side intrusion bar,not sure what he'll make it from

Last edited by play3r; 01-12-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:39 AM
WRXRW

i would ask steve to make it out of chrome molly unless he has already. having in effect a bolt in side bar wouldn't be ideal, you don't have to have them in way that makes them difficult getting in and out of cars, several rally car full tower to tower cages have very low slung side bars that make getting in and out of the seat very easy! you want a main hoop, then one bar running to each suspension tower as a minimum, steve is very switched on and can run the bars as close to the frame of the body as possible.

cheers for the props, but im sure your car is getting up there soon!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:53 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
i would ask steve to make it out of chrome molly unless he has already. having in effect a bolt in side bar wouldn't be ideal, you don't have to have them in way that makes them difficult getting in and out of cars, several rally car full tower to tower cages have very low slung side bars that make getting in and out of the seat very easy! you want a main hoop, then one bar running to each suspension tower as a minimum, steve is very switched on and can run the bars as close to the frame of the body as possible.

cheers for the props, but im sure your car is getting up there soon!

the side intrusion bars will be basically level with the seat, and join the floor just infront of the seat,being low slung,so its no problem getting in and out, have already discussed it all with steve-all good!!! was looking at stronger rear axles and cv's to go with the r180 rear end and the place to get them is www.driveshaftshop.com over in america. was having a bit of a drool over some of the gear they sell. will probably wait til mine go kapuut before i get a bulletproof set.

Tags
cannot punctuate or do paragraphs, don't hate the play3r hate the punctuation, more money than grammar, play3rround