Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-2007, 06:37 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Clint's been wanting to tune me for years, but unfortunately i just don't swing that way.
Old 27-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Perfect formula

More timing + more boost + less fuel = happy fun times.
Old 28-11-2007, 02:26 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
is this just a show car or will it ever actually see a track ?

ps. Clint tuned Explicit.
it will be a show car for a while until i have enough saved to do the rest of the car then it'll be used for racing etc...
Old 28-11-2007, 05:04 AM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by play3r
the engine getting built it will have minimal lag and wouldnt stress it out as much as well as being able to make round 450-500 hp atw and give good times down the quarter and work well on the track.All i'd need to do to toughen up the driveline would be to get a r180 rear end and the gearbox would be fine for this sort of power
least you are thinking about the all important reliability enigma and the car as a whole and not the sum of its shopping list, well done!

if you build it with enough thought now, then whatever you throw at it in the future, you don't have to keep rebuilding and changing each and every step. its an ol cliche, but boy it works with cars of this calibre, do it once, do it right!
Old 29-11-2007, 07:36 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Mate thats pretty much right on the money,i have had a bit of a re-think bout few of the things on the whole set-up,(im sure most people are in my boat here where we are all blinded by what the engine is capable of and wanting to push it that far for some good numbers!!!)and after speaking to the rigoli's again yesterday i have changed a few things to go for more of a full package that i can have more fun with,for now,and still go to the drags/track or just drive on the street(they recieve the car mid jan so theres still time to chop and change things before they get it).The engine is still going to be 2.7 for the capacity as well as for the better response to the turbo ie less lag etc... am going to use my rebuilt t67 (gt35r specs)and use my 1000cc injectors,there will be a full r180 rear end going in,high flow oil pump instead of the dry sump set up(only needed for high hp figures) and with all the money saved by using what i already have im getting the trp 4eat automatic gearbox fitted (manual shift) because its not as harsh on the driveline than a manual is with smoother lighting fast changes(hence im getting the most expensive things out the way first). With this set-up it will make around 450-500hp atw (mainline dyno) and the rigoli's said it will be able to do a mid 10 pass and with a stripped interior etc... a low 10. A bug eyed rex over seas has done a 9.9 with the same set up(700hp turbo,driveline,gearbox etc...) and stripped interior etc... have added these mods on my second post on this thread.DONE DEAL!

Last edited by play3r; 29-11-2007 at 07:42 AM.
Old 29-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Sounds good mate!!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 29-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

I think it was suitable going with a smaller turbo at this stage as the 42r is one big mofo and only capable of one thing.. Drags, it wouldnt be fun to drive on the street at all.

The 35R will be super responsive on a 2.7ltr u will prolly get 25psi by 3500rpm. Now if u got ur 35R built into a twin scroll and got all the piping and headers to suit a twin scroll setup then u prolly could get the rpm down to around 3000rpm. By getting the twin scroll setup done ur not wasting time and money doing it later down the track...
Old 29-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Bent

Clint at standard level

lol at 3000rpm
Old 29-11-2007, 11:06 AM