Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 06:27 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

You might actually get half decent shaft life if you're looking to go down the auto route. Its the sudden jolt on launches that kills em.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:14 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

picked the rex up from maintland yesterday and im happy with the roll cage,some mighty fine welding too i must add!!! (will have to post some pics later cause the computers at work are barred!!!)few little things to touch up and stuff but all good-very happy! nos bottle bracket steve made up too looks wicked and does the job.3 and a half more weeks then off to sydney. matt (sti-257) came over yesterday to have a look at my car aswell as making me need a new pair of undies when he took me for a ride showing me how fast his car goes(around the streets near my house)with the engine all done-BLOODY QUICK i must say!!! i also hate being in the passenger seat,too many close calls,and few accidents, in the past with friends driving!!!(they know who they are hehe) and also picked up and fitted those gas bonnet struts that corrie sells(gx-rex) and they work a treat without that ugly bonnet stand!!!

Last edited by play3r; 12-12-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 20-02-2008, 04:10 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

All is coming along well with PLAY3R, speak to Sam rigoli pretty often lol the car has been stripped already and the motor is getting built at the moment as well as the gearbox getting sorted and the rear end is waiting to go in. Have changed my trust t67 turbo (with gt35-r internals) for a innovative gt72 turbo(they had one in the shop and i did an exchange for my turbo) which is rated at 800hp and should work well with the engine,but with a bit more lag.The nos should help with the lag though. Dont think i can do anything bout MT drag slicks because no 15 inch rims will fit over the Brembos. The only option is to get a standard set of 17inch (bug eye) sti rims and a set of 17inch motorbike drag slicks,they have done that ova east quite a bit with wrx's and does the job but i dont know the weight load on them thats all.Will be going to Sydney in several weeks to meet all the guys and see how its all going.Tried to post some pics up of the car with the cage in and progress shots but my computer decided to not co-operate :-/ just not looking forward too one thing with the whole build............THE BILL!!!!! hahaha

Last edited by play3r; 20-02-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 20-02-2008, 04:24 AM
WRXRW

Old 20-02-2008, 04:30 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

have got a pic with the cage in the car on.....hold on.....facebook(yes sadly im on that lol) jbplay3r@hotmail.com check it out.
Old 20-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

cant see your profile.
Old 20-02-2008, 08:07 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by play3r
Will be going to Sydney in several weeks to meet all the guys and see how its all going.
Have you been to Rigoli's before? If not, don't expect the Ritz...from all reports it's a very basic (read grotty) workshop.
Old 20-02-2008, 02:16 PM
WRXRW

father and son herridge paid a visit to rigoli's at my bequest re: dry sump while in town that day only to find the ritz carlton it aint, barely even a motorlodge on great eastern highway!

i will say that the dry-sump (fiasco?) turned out okay in the end, but expect one thing to be true, be patient with them!

on a related trp story, [SCOOBI] finally got its ej22 back from them only to suffer terminal death rattles. most alarming was noting the practice of griding the par rods by hand!

all the best!
Old 20-02-2008, 02:31 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

thats good you got it in the end mate,yeah i know i will have to be patient with them which means longer before i have to pay the bill (which is good!!) Fuck thats no good with SCOOBI's engine-OUCH!! yeah will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it all works out!!!! time will tell.
Old 20-02-2008, 02:39 PM
WRXRW

you should be okay hey, not sounding doomsday or anything, just a curtious heads up!

the work they did on the dry-sump for me is flawless, from the billet sump plate to the parts proper, the moroso pump with a moroso bracket, peterson belt drive with a gates v-pro belt and the billet crank pulley is first class. i can't speak of how well it works, yet, but it looks the business!

looking forward to regular updates!

Tags
cannot punctuate or do paragraphs, don't hate the play3r hate the punctuation, more money than grammar, play3rround