Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-11-2007, 10:17 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

special hill climb race car is hardly a daily driver. jsut because its competed a handful of events doesn't mean its reliable. And that h6 ramon posted, fully sick uneven intakes. hope they are doing per cylinder monitoring & tuning
Old 27-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Saying it's run for 3 years is just untrue. I am sure it's had a BUCKET load of issues during it's time that unless your involved on the ground level you wouldn't know about. People don't usually advertise the negatives. I would be VERY VERY surprised if the rigoli car has done more then 100km on that motor.
Old 27-11-2007, 12:23 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
Considering ur spending close to 50k on the engine
3k on a 207 and 47 in the bank! that's the best advice anyone can give!
Old 27-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
3k on a 207 and 47 in the bank! that's the best advice anyone can give!
or the share market

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 27-11-2007, 12:48 PM
WRXRW

i have to conceed that if you want reliability the best thing you can do is convert your wrx into the latest model sti running gear.

that's not a bad thing really, light-weight spec race car with modern mumbo...sort of like this

this is what i would do if i had my time again! focus more on a "package" than one or two strong areas while leaving the rest way behind....unless of course you develop everything equally!
Old 27-11-2007, 01:02 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
i have to conceed that if you want reliability the best thing you can do is convert your wrx into the latest model sti running gear.

that's not a bad thing really, light-weight spec race car with modern mumbo...sort of like this

this is what i would do if i had my time again! focus more on a "package" than one or two strong areas while leaving the rest way behind....unless of course you develop everything equally!

the list goes in order.... the engine first,then the gearbox,then the driveline its all gonna get done i just wanna get the engine outta the way first which will cost the most. after the gearbox and driveline is done i'll upgrade the brakes (has decent 330mm/315mm on it now) and start doing the interior and relocate the tanks to the boot etc.... it will all take time unless i win lotto then it wont take long at all!!
Old 27-11-2007, 01:16 PM
WRXRW

personally, faced with a choice of doing bits and pieces or a complete turn-key car, ill take the package right now anyday! nothing more frustrating than what your about to do, hope you stick it out, i really do.

im not discurring you because when it all eventually all comes together its something very unique and worthy of the perth, wrx modded hall of fame wall...but lets quickly go through them to give you an idea of "where are they now". i have seen pretty much every wild wrx out there and very few that push the boundaries make it through to the other side, owner intact aswell!

[SCOOBI] arguably one of the original hi-modded wrx's perth saw in its early days. what's it doing now? well, all these years it still doesn't go!!

[EXPLICIT] *Version 1* touchy subject this but best left to the man himself to give you the run-down unless you already know.

i appluad how mad people like yourself are, even in the face of overwhemling odds you still go for it!

let me buy you a drink
Old 27-11-2007, 01:21 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
let me buy you a drink

tooheys xtra dry thanks!!
Old 27-11-2007, 01:24 PM
WRXRW

better make it a carton of platinum
Old 27-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Saying it's run for 3 years is just untrue. I am sure it's had a BUCKET load of issues during it's time that unless your involved on the ground level you wouldn't know about. People don't usually advertise the negatives. I would be VERY VERY surprised if the rigoli car has done more then 100km on that motor.

Clint, im sure its had issues as does every engine pushing the boundries (ive heard of 2.7ltrs snapping cranks etc etc), but u would think that 3 yrs of r&D, used at the limit would provide a solid background and alot of the problems encountered could have been addressed.

Yes it hasnt been run like a daily so that has not been tested, however the build that player is doing dosent seem that its going to be a daily driver either..

These workshops are also not advertising their product, so what has gone wrong of course wont be known, unless someone is dead serious in doing it, then im sure they will be made aware of the plus and negatives associated with it..

I know with my experience with the guys in new zealand, was the sheer torque smashed almost every part of the driveline at only moderate power levels of 550 hp atw..

So apart from the engine, other parts of the car need to be considered.

Tags
cannot punctuate or do paragraphs, don't hate the play3r hate the punctuation, more money than grammar, play3rround