Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Bent

Clint at standard level

They work!
Unlike your wit.
Old 26-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by play3r
yeah i have had a good think about it but i would rather stick to the good ol' 4 cylinder and see how much it can make,have enquired bout those engines and the 3 litre is a much easier fit than the older 3.3 and not too many places have aftermarket parts for those engines......yet! so if i changed my mind and decided to go 6cyl i'd have a bit of a wait for it all to be done with all the goodies as well as costing me bit more.

GO THE 4 CYL!!!

theres a few ppl realiably building H6s if u want some info let me know.. but remember that a H6 will make more power and not be as stressed as a 4 making similar power...

p.s clint ur gayyyyyyyy
Old 27-11-2007, 03:55 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
theres a few ppl realiably building H6s if u want some info let me know.. but remember that a H6 will make more power and not be as stressed as a 4 making similar power...
yeah would be great if you could give us a link or something bout the h6 cause im interested!! just wanna read up bout it,i'm definately going for the 'big block' 4 cyl though.
Old 27-11-2007, 03:56 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

play3r at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stockers*
Clearly its growing somewhere haha.

Ohhhhh thats not a money tree.... hehe
Old 27-11-2007, 04:54 AM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by play3r
yeah would be great if you could give us a link or something bout the h6 cause im interested!!
don't listen to him, he just wants to live through others! if you ask him why its such a great idea then why doesn't he do the conversion for himself??

having said that, you should get rigoli to build you the brother of this!

Old 27-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
don't listen to him, he just wants to live through others! if you ask him why its such a great idea then why doesn't he do the conversion for himself??

having said that, you should get rigoli to build you the brother of this!

Your a fag ramon

i would love to do it, but considering this is my second engine build because some workshop dosent have a clue in building engines!!!!!!!

well money dosent grow on trees... And secondly ive had enough of trailbrazing the subaru fraternity.. But considering this gent is doing a 2.7, thats also trailblazing (lots of unknowns) so why not look at other things...

Building a 2.7ltr means u cant really rev the engine as the stroke becomes too square. Whereas a 6 cyclinder dose not have this problem and able to run to a much higher rpm... Thats a big reason i think to go to a bigger displacement engine.

Secondly, if u want to produce a ton of power with a big fukoff turbo then a bigger displacement engine would help in that regard compared to a highly strung 4 cyclinder which u would need NOS to help spool the turbo.. This makes the car more driveable and responsive and not only useful at the strip.

In saying all this the torque would be incredible on the 6 and thus will LEAD to massive issues with ur driveline, i.e u would need custom driveshafts, diffs, gearbox etc... but considering ur chaning all of these things anyway then u should consider this alternative...

Considering ur spending close to 50k on the engine i thought u might as well look at the alternatives.

For the workshops that build them:

PMS has built 2-3 that i know of..
rigoli has built one that i know of in their 2 door drag car..
and there is a builder in new zealand that built the first H6 in their two door hill climb car...

Those are the local guys and there are also some in the U.S, but the guys i have listed have more knowledge in this area..

hope this helps.. and as ive been drumming, its good to know the alternatives. To see if they are more suitable to the application u want..

Last edited by trainwrex; 27-11-2007 at 06:42 AM.
Old 27-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Oh pah just because it sits nice in an engine bay and completes a handful of 1/4 mile passes doesn't mean it's going to last like you and I assume Player wants.

Maybe when I see a couple of H6's with 550+ at the treads on our local fuel that get driven regularly and not the bullshit you see on NASIOC I will start to come round.
Old 27-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint
Oh pah just because it sits nice in an engine bay and completes a handful of 1/4 mile passes doesn't mean it's going to last like you and I assume Player wants.

Maybe when I see a couple of H6's with 550+ at the treads on our local fuel that get driven regularly and not the bullshit you see on NASIOC I will start to come round.

the H6 in new zealand has been running for 3yrs without an issue. and driven on many hill climb events.. pms have got alteast 1 running for over a yr..

but i digress, its just an alternative view that can be taken with a grain of salt like other advice/ ideas given by others.
Old 27-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Bent

Clint at standard level

Put an LS7 in
Old 27-11-2007, 07:54 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Agreed, race car environment versus weekend toy cruiser/racer are two very different animals.

Tags
cannot punctuate or do paragraphs, don't hate the play3r hate the punctuation, more money than grammar, play3rround