Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

its a combination of everything together. where you live, where the vehicle is kept, the access to it, the value, mods, frequency of use etc.
Old 17-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_petepie View Post
its a combination of everything together. where you live, where the vehicle is kept, the access to it, the value, mods, frequency of use etc.
roger, thanks!

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 31-08-2011, 07:56 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

STi Fi at standard level

Got a but of a dilemma guys. Last year after Perth cup I was in a friends car and she ran into the back of someone coz he stopped too quick for the person infront of him. Anyway, she hit the back of him and did hardly any damage to his car but hers was pretty bad and had to go in for full new front end. The car she hit was a little mirage company car, the guy was quite sympathetic and said he would just deal with it privately and she can do the same, they exchanged details anyway and that was the end of it.
10 months later ( the other day) she's received a letter saying that she would have to organize with her insurance company to cover the costs of his car, after an agreement was made between the two people involved to fix their own. However, she's since changed insurance companies and doesnt know what to do now coz she thought it was done and dusted.

Any help from those of you that work in insurance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 31-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

She hit him from behind, so is at fault, failing to stop travel at a safe distance, how much is the insurance company after? Don't suppose there is any photos of the original damage.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 31-08-2011, 08:36 PM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

Why has it taken him ten months to get back to her ? Had it fixed thru work then another bang maybe his fault this time and charging it back to her ? If she hasn't heard in ten months I would not have received that letter, as sounds like somethings not Right ...

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign
Old 31-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

^^^ and agree with above, hence q about photos.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 31-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Fi View Post
Got a but of a dilemma guys. Last year after Perth cup I was in a friends car and she ran into the back of someone coz he stopped too quick for the person infront of him. Anyway, she hit the back of him and did hardly any damage to his car but hers was pretty bad and had to go in for full new front end. The car she hit was a little mirage company car, the guy was quite sympathetic and said he would just deal with it privately and she can do the same, they exchanged details anyway and that was the end of it.
10 months later ( the other day) she's received a letter saying that she would have to organize with her insurance company to cover the costs of his car, after an agreement was made between the two people involved to fix their own. However, she's since changed insurance companies and doesnt know what to do now coz she thought it was done and dusted.

Any help from those of you that work in insurance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Did she get her car repaired under insurance or privately?

If she paid for it herself then she just needs to lodge a claim under her old policy number and advise the date of accident (which was within the policy coverage dates) and then give the claim number to the other party.

She can also send in the invoice for her damage to the insurance company and she can get reimbursed for the fair and reasonable cost of repairs.

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen
Old 31-08-2011, 10:54 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

STi Fi at standard level

I'm pretty sure she had it repaired under her insurance company at the time yes. I will tell her to ask for photos as I reckon it's dodgy 10 months later also.
I thought that insurance companies had a term for when both parties agree to pay for their own repairs??
Surely them agreeing on that at the time, then actioning it, is legally binding agreement? :/
Old 31-08-2011, 11:26 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

STi Fi at standard level

Ok so, yes she did it through her old insurance company at the time. Gave the guy her details but he said he wasn't going to use them as it was a company car and he wasn't supposed to be driving it so he was just gonna say it was a carpark job So Dodge!!

She has called her old insurance co and they said it's not their problem anymore, and her new one said she wasn't with them then so it's not their prob either. She's going to call his insurance company tomorrow and ask for photos and also I said to let them know she has a 3rd party witness (me) who was also in the car and remembers what the damage looked like.
Anything else she can do guys??

Really appreciate the help by the way
Old 31-08-2011, 11:32 PM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Fi View Post
Ok so, yes she did it through her old insurance company at the time. Gave the guy her details but he said he wasn't going to use them as it was a company car and he wasn't supposed to be driving it so he was just gonna say it was a carpark job So Dodge!!

She has called her old insurance co and they said it's not their problem anymore, and her new one said she wasn't with them then so it's not their prob either. She's going to call his insurance company tomorrow and ask for photos and also I said to let them know she has a 3rd party witness (me) who was also in the car and remembers what the damage looked like.
Anything else she can do guys??

Really appreciate the help by the way
Unless she feels like paying out of her own pocket just ignore it ... 10mths nothing done ? He won't push it if he wasn't supposed to be driving it anyway

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign

Tags
insurance