Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Probably best I start with the schematic. Not completely correct but close. Head unit is a true cluster fudge as double din multimedia and SQ seem mutually exclusive! That and the fact that none carry optical out gets me pissed...which you would understand given the processor. Probably too hard to see properly...sorry, can't shrink it better

P99 with an 8850 for camera work or similar seems the *sigh* only choice. Alpine can bite cock - and apparently they think it's gold plated - Clarion HXD2....meh - and the 8160 whilst promising and almost a winner just doesn't have the SQ of a P99. Sony forked up their GS9 unless someone wants to tell me other wise.

Only recourse is some dam American shit make it's way over here...or I was risky enough to FleaBay it over...

Next photo is the default option...for all of these I have measured the boot space carefully (the parts that matter) and included the wheel well. The sides of the boot have been made transparent so you can see what it looks like. Hopefully people can understand my approach...I do this with most installs worth a bit.

Looks are zero, creativity is zero but simplicity, money and function are good.

Variation on the same thing. Booooorrrriiinnnggggggg.......

This is a close model for the win only the power and RCA's are offset due to the PG amps being faced as such. The subs are inverted on acrylic...25mm plus.

Variation on the same, unfinished because my cous de gracé has yet to be modelled and that should be the winner!

In case you have missed it then yes please feel free to back into me because I insist on rear fill. 6-7hunj worth. I am not running a 5.1 Dolby system however I do not like the thought of the imaging FAIL because there is no midrange behind me. I do not want my front stage imaging in front of me....I'm not at a concert, I'm in a car. I want the sound to envelop me and that is - by the laws of physics - impossible if there is no midrange driver behind me.

Well I'll finish my probable install drawing some day and post that...comments welcome guys. All gear has been bought except rear fill, head unit(s), and some cable...and fibreglass depending which install method I choose.

Anyone who wants a sketch of their proposed setup let me know, I can PM you a quick sketch of what it might look like. Based on 2015+ boot measurements - though I don't think there is much difference.

Hope this helps or interest a few dudes

Peace

Sent by me.
TROLLEY likes this.
Old 28-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

I regularly get asked if I have rear speakers (I don't). I figure that because the tweeters are essentially on-axis, the sound ends up radiating down and bouncing off the side windows...
Old 28-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLEY View Post
I regularly get asked if I have rear speakers (I don't). I figure that because the tweeters are essentially on-axis, the sound ends up radiating down and bouncing off the side windows...

Hmmmm...I have not heard that before, I will be honest! Reflections are the reason I don't buy a car but certainly SPL has them to advantage. SPL is what everyone claims as SQ or SQL I'm sure there are some WACA members here who need reminding...and some education.

Nevertheless if it sounds good man then sweet

Sent by me.

Tags
wrx