Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ownzy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
Yes there will be more spent on the stereo than on the mods and rims and all the rest put together...
What stereo were you thinking of putting in???
Old 26-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Captain Buff at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownzy View Post
What stereo were you thinking of putting in???

No thought in it man I think I listed it above but doesn't matter:
Focal Utopia Beryllium 3 Ways in the front
Focal components in the rear - audiophiles will cringe but I like my music the way I like it!
(2) Phoenix Gold Elite.5's
(2) Image Dynamics IDAMX 12D2's
Head unit yet to be decided...likely the Kenwood 8160...but that could comfortably change because the market is shifting
At least 2k of sound deadening (yes I know you guys are all 'max hsp' guys but that ain't me...and no apologies on that shit)
The amps need zero gauge runs on their own
Plus the rest

In terms of 'thinking'...man this stuff is already bought. It's sitting in my mums garage until I can find the time to install it...i have a CAD drawing of my install but it figures no one gives a shit around here....wrong place for stereo type stuff. These guys know well ass heaps more about engines and so I'll keep quiet about where my knowledge is
Old 26-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ownzy at standard level

Awesome! Sorry you probably did post it above but I was just scrolling through. The standard sound system is particularly bad on WRX's/STIs but I guess that's to be expected as the money is spent on the drivetrain. You should definitely post your CAD drawing that's pretty cool
Captain Buff likes this.
Old 26-02-2017, 04:02 PM

yeahnah at standard level

Yeah post it up
Captain Buff likes this.
Old 26-02-2017, 04:15 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

LOL stop sooking and post it up. I'm interested

Even if audio isn't on the interest lists of most active members here, I guarantee they'll still be interested in and respect the fact you're designing and DIY'ing the installation.
matto20v and Captain Buff like this.

Last edited by TROLLEY; 26-02-2017 at 04:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TROLLEY For This Useful Post:
Captain Buff (28-02-2017)
Old 26-02-2017, 04:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

You'd be mistaken for thinking that you're the only person here who either enjoys upgrading stereo systems, or has any knowledge regarding it, so you might as well post it up.
Captain Buff likes this.
Old 28-02-2017, 01:25 AM

Cheers guys...I gots no problems posting it up actually have a couple options though and until one house is sold and the other settled I'm not really looking at it too hard...way too busy in other areas to start fibreglass-ing shit.

Still if guys are interested then have a squizz each design I have come up with has it's pros and cons. Also a note from the guys in terms of performance; keep it as low and as central as you can....makes perfect sense of course but putting them subs in the corners of the boot for the boundary loading gain might give you a little more sound; but it may make her drive like she has a jiggly fat ass...that's not so cool!!

I'll get them off the comp tomorrow; and also put a pic up of the sexy engine bay. Nowhere near as fancy as the stuff you guys have in your engines but it is the simple entry Stage for the FA20DIT and it looks quite nice IMHO. MF is nice and fast...that's relative I guess but for mine it works!

Cheers for the positive comments guys

Sent by me.
Old 28-02-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownzy View Post
Awesome! Sorry you probably did post it above but I was just scrolling through. The standard sound system is particularly bad on WRX's/STIs but I guess that's to be expected as the money is spent on the drivetrain. You should definitely post your CAD drawing that's pretty cool

Bang on. Another reason I ditched the STi...firstly I ain't paying more money for a stereo system that in my opinion is sonic rubbish and an installers nightmare and secondly I don't need to worry about an 8" hole in the rear parcel shelf (because an 8" mounted as IB is really going to give a good sound...FML...). No offence intended to those guys who like the sound of their HK system.

Come to think of that. Is it illegal to disconnect the rear middle seat belt? Obviously no one will ever sit there...and fellow audio ladies/gents would be aware of the bloody seat belt box I'm talking about....apologies as I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere and I'll do a search

Sent by me.
Old 28-02-2017, 12:53 PM

Ummmmm...well I hope this interests someone! A few pics of the wheels by no means an air craft carrier - more of a tug boat - but still it is fun. Engine I will not claim...I don't know this stuff...audio arrangement I will claim. Anyways I'm talking too much again

Hope those images come through properly...turbosmart BOV is hidden under the CAI and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it seriously farts louder than a 120kg Italian momma whose been drinking protein shakes for a week. I personally like it (the BOV; not the momma).

CAD drawings of my car stereo design process (and my as yet my undrawn likely winner) will be on their way shortly car audio I do know...and there will be some wonderful 'disagreements' started on my approach and my claim but each to their own....

Sent by me.
Old 28-02-2017, 01:23 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

Some quality parts fitted there....

intercooler looks amazing !

Tags
wrx