Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA View Post
Wow, they make it damn hard these days!! So you run a red light and it's -3 points and your stuffed? No driving for 3 months? WTFrag?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Also, you can accrue 3 points in your first year, it is on the 4th point that you lose the license. So you can make a 'mistake' and learn from it.
Quote:
I just think its a bit crap that you can say good by to your licence for one offense. "a red light is three points" yet you can speed and get away with it.
Reading. Overrated it seems.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

squid at standard level

so there still isnt a straight answer to:
12-24 demerits (full licence and p's)
24+ demerit. (full licence and p's) (assuming there are no other assoiated charges such as dangerous driving, repeat offences, dui etc)

OR
whether police need to fill out paper work on the spot/and/or give you a fine at the scene, and not just say, you'll see it in the mail, and drive off.

AND dont assume that either of the above are for me, or my licenece, they are just questioins that people have asked, and struggle to find answers to.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Burnout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
so there still isnt a straight answer to:
12-24 demerits (full licence and p's)
24+ demerit. (full licence and p's) (assuming there are no other assoiated charges such as dangerous driving, repeat offences, dui etc)

OR
whether police need to fill out paper work on the spot/and/or give you a fine at the scene, and not just say, you'll see it in the mail, and drive off.

AND dont assume that either of the above are for me, or my licenece, they are just questioins that people have asked, and struggle to find answers to.
Not read my previous post?

There is no such thing as 12-24+ points.

Once you hit 12, you lose your license. Any extra incurred in hitting that 12 carries onto your new license.

i.e. you are currently sitting on 10 points. You get done and lose 4 points. Loss of license time and then when you get your new license back, you start with 2 points on the clock.

24+ points means you have lost your license twice. Expect to stand infront of a judge. If you have collected 24 points before they have taken your license away from you, expect a massive cock in the ass too.

Officer doesn't have to give you the fine on the spot. They can note it down and issue it later. As mentioned before, if this happens see a lawyer ASAP.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
STI Master

ALPHA at standard level

I've calmed down.

Was out of line and I appologise. Had to fire 2 people on my crew and now I've gotta send the rest home because we don't have a full crew anymore.

No excuse.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Burnout!

Nah, fire up it adds much needed spice to the forum

Do you get what I mean over the you get 3 but lose it on the 4th point for the P-platers?
Old 12-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

MisstallicA at standard level

Quote:
I've calmed down.

Was out of line and I appologise. Had to fire 2 people on my crew and now I've gotta send the rest home because we don't have a full crew anymore.

No excuse.

Been there, done that, massive kudos for the appology.

After what I've seen first hand as a result of people not appreciating the responsibility of using their driving license, and what I've had to, and will most likely have to deal with for the rest of my life due to someone running a give way sign straight in to me earlier this year, I don't, and won't, take the concept of losing more than your first hit of demerits lightly, and even less so if someone's working out the best way work the points to avoid consequences.
(I get a little passionate about this, as you can see from the lack of correct punctuation )

Anyway, hope to catch up once more C-Vale catchups are up and running.

As far as I'm concerned, short of a life threatening emergency causing you to incur multiple penalties in one trip, there in no excuse for losing your licence.

If you get close 24 points, you go see a judge, then go get a Transperth smart-rider rather than risking other peoples safety.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Sir AntiLag

squid at standard level

The only think iv ever been done that iv lost demerits for is speeding.
I do bulk k's, nearly 70k past twelve months, i go to the station up north a back heaps-long straight open roads.

~flame alert~
compared to other traffic offences,
Speeding isnt AS bad, as running red lights, signs, crossing lanes etc imo
Old 12-11-2011, 08:54 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ashby at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
~flame alert~
compared to other traffic offences,
Speeding isnt AS bad, as running red lights, signs, crossing lanes etc imo
I agree, and to add to that, I think people doing 20km/h under the limit are more dangerous at times than people doing 10 - 20km/h over the limit.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Sir AntiLag

RamWRC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashby View Post
I agree, and to add to that, I think people doing 20km/h under the limit are more dangerous at times than people doing 10 - 20km/h over the limit.
In my opinion, people that drive 10km/h+ under the limit just cause other drivers to get impatient and irritated, which in turn causes road rage. They start tailgating, swerving between lanes to get ahead. It makes them rush even if they're not in a hurry. Before you know it, they've caused an accident.

An angry driver is a dangerous driver!
Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

I've picked up the habit of putting my hazards on for anyone I have to undertake.

Last week heading north there was a bloke sitting on 90km/h in the right lane of the freeway. The road was pretty much empty at a very quite time of day and for about 1km in front of him not a car in site. He insisted on doing 0.5km/h faster than the car beside him in the left lane for about 10 minutes before there was finally a gap to get past.

At this point there was a line of around 60 cars stuck behind him, all bumper to bumper. All visibly getting iritated and swerving side to side to check for gaps ahead.

Undertook him rather aggressivly (dropped back to third, WOT) pulled back in front and put the hazard lights on. He got the message and finally pulled over.

Now I'm guessing I would be a 'hoon' in this case and perhaps instigating road rage. Shits me.

Tags
current, demerit, laws, wa