Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

I wasn't actually complaining about the NBN, just pointing out the time frame for it to be installed at my house. I am happy with my internet speed, and as SyncSubaru most uses will never need or use the speeds that will be available.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

I find this NBN debate hilarious.... ( I currently have ADSL2+ about 8.5MB/s)

From what I can notice/understand, 99% of the people whinging about our supposed 3rd world internet are the people that want to download movies/tv shows (which is illegal anyway) and play video games online. If you hate it so much, move to a shittier country with better internet....

I use the internet every single day for both work and for personal use.
I stream music every day using Spotify both at home using WIFI and on the 3G network when I am out and about.
I stream movies etc and occasionally download stuff.
I play PS3 online (GTA4 and GT5)
All of the above with absolutely no problems. None at all.....

How about we get our country out of the HUGE hundreds of billions of dollars worth of debt that that we are in first and then worry about the massive NBN rollout/monster civil engineering feat?

Really, all this talk about absolutely fucking nothing. Its not a big deal. Move on. Hopefully the Libs do something more constructive with our tax money and then the NBN can be sorted when we get the debt situation sorted out....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to REXXXED For This Useful Post:
American Dave (11-09-2013), DukeDrifter (11-09-2013), Patch (11-09-2013), SyncSubaru (11-09-2013), thehowlfactor (11-09-2013)
Old 11-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Sir AntiLag

Alternate at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDrifter View Post
thats not biased at all
Bias or not, it makes a point. Australia currently ranks 48 in terms of what we have in place now.

And just ignoring for the moment that people say "you dont need to download Game of Thrones any faster", The libs plan to spend (read: waste) billions on a plan that is practically already obsolete. Come 2019 when it's supposed to be completed, they'll just need to spend more time and money ripping up the copper, blowing out the cost and duration. Whats the point of that?
Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
Canning Vale not even on the list. Fuck the NBN. People need to get over their self greed already, you can download Game of Thrones fast enough as it is.

95% of australians will never utilize the potential of any fiber network, and nothing in our country is great enough of a data exporter to warrant its installation to every dole-bludgers house at my expense.

Basically, if you want FTTH - Pay for it to be installed.

Play on.

-EDIT- I am fully for it being provided to schools and medical institutions however.
Don't you work in IT? I would have thought you had supported this.

10 years ago the requirements and demands were completely different from today. The tech available was also.

20 years ago we were all running Pentium 1 with 100mhz and 200mb hard drives.

Dial-up was 'fast enough' for the general public.

In the 80s, computers 'weren't needed' for the general public.

Wake up buddy, the future is coming
Old 11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate View Post
Bias or not, it makes a point. Australia currently ranks 48 in terms of what we have in place now.

And just ignoring for the moment that people say "you dont need to download Game of Thrones any faster", The libs plan to spend (read: waste) billions on a plan that is practically already obsolete. Come 2019 when it's supposed to be completed, they'll just need to spend more time and money ripping up the copper, blowing out the cost and duration. Whats the point of that?
I doubt even in 2040 we will need anything more. Because Australia will NEVER EVER be a major player in providing important, time-critical data or information to the rest of the world. Period.

America, China, and Europe will always house everything. Its never going to change. Australia is too diverse and distant, and too expensive for any company to even consider it.

Like has been said already, you can replace your copper with fibre now. Get your local data contractor to organise and install. Pay him the bill, and off you go.

Putting Fiber to the node is perfectly acceptable. Then the local premises can decide do they need fiber or not.

I am a professional gamer and Control System Software Engineer. There are plenty of NBN Benefits for me. Yet I still sit here saying we dont need it. I must have some seriously good reasons for my view. My Amnet ADSL2+ yields me 18mbps, theres nothing I cant do in a reasonable time. If you cant be entertained for 30minutes while downloading your bluray rip, then you probably have bigger social problems that need to be dealt with.

Sam is spot on - all the retards that are complaining and campaigning just want to commit piracy without being bored while they wait. Sooner rather than later this is going to catch up with us.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

^
Amen, couldn't agree more.

Stop wasting my tax money on shit, and use it to clear the debt so we aren't paying stupid amounts of money on paying it back (with interest)
Old 11-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
I doubt even in 2040 we will need anything more. Because Australia will NEVER EVER be a major player in providing important, time-critical data or information to the rest of the world. Period.

America, China, and Europe will always house everything. Its never going to change. Australia is too diverse and distant, and too expensive for any company to even consider it.

Like has been said already, you can replace your copper with fibre now. Get your local data contractor to organise and install. Pay him the bill, and off you go.

Putting Fiber to the node is perfectly acceptable. Then the local premises can decide do they need fiber or not.

I am a professional gamer and Control System Software Engineer. There are plenty of NBN Benefits for me. Yet I still sit here saying we dont need it. I must have some seriously good reasons for my view. My Amnet ADSL2+ yields me 18mbps, theres nothing I cant do in a reasonable time. If you cant be entertained for 30minutes while downloading your bluray rip, then you probably have bigger social problems that need to be dealt with.

Sam is spot on - all the retards that are complaining and campaigning just want to commit piracy without being bored while they wait. Sooner rather than later this is going to catch up with us.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Bravo Jezza, I could hear the cogs turning while you tried to think of a response.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:16 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

roflmao
Old 11-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

And sorry if misread, my response quoting Alternate was not actually directly aimed at anybody. Just the way it was worded.

Tags
nbn, plan