Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
Take it for a test drive with Sean before and after they do they work.
not a bad idea. thanks
Old 29-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

many thanks to Sean and ASG today. got the cold start issues sorted out (well so far so good). Economy will be tested over the next week or so, but should be better. Car is feeling great at the moment, seems to have a bit more off boost response :S
Old 29-10-2009, 09:44 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

good result then, drive and enjoy then expect to want more hp and torque....
Old 28-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

didn't want to start a new thread, but it looks like im having the starting issues again. the ecu wouldnt forget its settings would it over a certain amount of time?
Old 28-07-2010, 11:55 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Gk_ at standard level

hey dude, i just read this post of yours, iv been thinkin of a similar setup for some time now, did you end up getting the starting issues sorted? how has your car been running since?

cheers
Old 28-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gk_ View Post
hey dude, i just read this post of yours, iv been thinkin of a similar setup for some time now, did you end up getting the starting issues sorted? how has your car been running since?

cheers
yeah the starting issues are all sorted, just needed some fine tuning. Car is running fairly well at the moment. No mods have been done since. What sort of mods would you be doing? vf34-p20 is a great turbo/combination.
Old 28-07-2010, 01:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Gk_ at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerm07 View Post
yeah the starting issues are all sorted, just needed some fine tuning. Car is running fairly well at the moment. No mods have been done since. What sort of mods would you be doing? vf34-p20 is a great turbo/combination.

Oh sweet, sounds good a is this your everyday car. I have been thinking of a similar set up to yours.
Something along the lines of installing the aps dr525 fmic kit i have at home, sti injectors, bigger fuel pump, ekutec tune and a aps cold air intake. I have a hks bov so might as well put that in. I want a bigger turbo but i can not decide between the vf 34 and aps sr40. This is my everyday so i need it to be reliable. I have been reading the sr40 is better on 2.5L or for more modofied engines so the vf34 prob suit me the best?? i am not to sure at the momenet.. Iv allways been thinking about maybe 300 at the wheels what do you think? any ideas..
Old 28-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Oh sweet, sounds good a is this your everyday car. I have been thinking of a similar set up to yours.
Something along the lines of installing the aps dr525 fmic kit i have at home, sti injectors, bigger fuel pump, ekutec tune and a aps cold air intake. I have a hks bov so might as well put that in. I want a bigger turbo but i can not decide between the vf 34 and aps sr40. This is my everyday so i need it to be reliable. I have been reading the sr40 is better on 2.5L or for more modofied engines so the vf34 prob suit me the best?? i am not to sure at the momenet.. Iv allways been thinking about maybe 300 at the wheels what do you think? any ideas..
firstly i would stick to a tmic (maybe get an 05 sti or even an 08 sti fmic), less lag. Also keep the hks bov off and leave the stock bov on. sti injectors are a good way to go, that would be the only thing i would have changed. I don't know that much about the sr40 but the vf34 you will need to get a p20 housing if your looking for 300 atw.
Old 28-07-2010, 01:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Gk_ at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by smerm07 View Post
firstly i would stick to a tmic (maybe get an 05 sti or even an 08 sti fmic), less lag. Also keep the hks bov off and leave the stock bov on. sti injectors are a good way to go, that would be the only thing i would have changed. I don't know that much about the sr40 but the vf34 you will need to get a p20 housing if your looking for 300 atw.
yer i think i need to look at more setups before i make up my mind...i have a sti tmic on right now, it was done by the previous owner. 270hp good for everyday?
Old 28-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
yer i think i need to look at more setups before i make up my mind...i have a sti tmic on right now, it was done by the previous owner. 270hp good for everyday?
yeah id stick to that then.. 270hp is plenty i feel. Its a huge improvement over the 220hp i had with the stock td04 turbo. Even driving the car off-boost it is still a joy to drive, still responsive.

Tags
modadvice or help, time