Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Truth of the matter is that particular servo sells donuts.

Enough said...
Old 18-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Flat Four Father

Huy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Huy

Really? Shit, i might go there from now on!

Stack that Cheese
Old 18-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

I'd be quite happy to have plenty of cops on the road in marked cars running plates all day ( dump the cash registers when you do it ) and start pinging the useless bloodsucking crettins that are driving around in stolen vehicles and without licenses.

A visible deterrent encourages people to think about what they are doing on the road considerably more than a ticket in the mail a few months after the fact.

If you have a license, rego, drive sensibly and a safely modified vehicle then they should leave you alone anyway. ( I stress the should. We all know there is a small percentage of spankers on the force that make a disproportionate impression on anyone more of an enthusiast than Ma & Pa Kettle )
Old 18-07-2009, 02:15 PM
STI Master

Cooper89 at standard level

Rightly said Black Sti.
Old 18-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
... Over the past week I have seen them there quite often, and at the time I was thier, there would have been at least 5 probies inside the shop (you can tell probies as they have a smug look about them, where as more seasoned police officers dont have this look), and two marked patrol cars.

I know they checked me and the guy in the other WRX out due to them automatically jumping on the two way when we both rocked up...
Dude, as Fozzy said- they run your plates through the computer. This only takes 30sec (and often why they'll follow you for 500m or so before pulling you over etc). Secondly, some of the better cops I've known are the younger and arguably better trained ones, they can be identified by the badge numbers... 'smug looks' are way too objective for me!!

A shame if they are only targeting WRX/ sports cars... however my first thoughts were that they are simply following up on the crack down on unregistered/ un-roadworthy vehicles under the new laws- given the demographic area they have chosen??
Old 18-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
haha Marc.. I love how people get their goat up when cops let them off with out booking them or giving the a yellow.. WHAT WANKERS GIVING YOU A WARNING AND NOT BOOKING YOU!

Sorry mate you have no idea..

Cops dont use the radio to do a check there is no need for it.. They have computers in the car they just type the rego in.

Trust me when I say older coppers can have the smug look also.

As pointed out by Mr Rumbler they are being proactive.. What if you car was stolen from around the corner and they pulled in there to get fuel would you be whinging then?
Im all for being pro-active and I have permits for the modifications I have on my car, so I dont understand what you're getting at (I got the permits to avoid hassles if/when pulled over).

I just found it a bit unethical that they station themselves at a petrol station to ping people whilst filling up.

Everyones entitled to an opinion, mine was to inform people of the situation so they can avoid any unnecessary hassles.

Sure I took a random sample is saying that the two cars I saw in my brief fillup their got checked out, but it did to an extent prove a point that out of all the cars that pulled in 'at that time', they targeted the two WRX's.

I think it is you that needs to get a clue mate, rather then spamming now in two topics where people have either just put up something for the community to be aware of, or being an international resident asking about how to get delisted from telemarketing calls.
Old 18-07-2009, 05:23 PM
STI Master

Fozzy at standard level

At the end of the day if a copper SUSPECTS your vehicle does not meet Vehicle Standard Regulations they and issue you with a Work order or Compliance Notice. So that it can be delivered to the DPI who are the final say in the matter as they have trained inspectors that are usually mechanics.. Like it or not that's how it is and always has been.. Coppers are not vehicle inspectors or mechanics if they are not sure it gets a work order. This is regardless of permits or not..

Do you even know what ethics are?

How is performing their job buy conducting a traffic stop/check in a petrol station any different to stopping a car on the road, in a shopping centre or even at the local maccas? You are still driving in a place open to and used by the public therefore you are fair game that's the way the legislation is written learn to live with it...

You were there for what worse case 15 -20 minutes and saw a sample.. Have you ever considered they might be there to have a piss or get a drink I bet you do this at work occasionally maybe a can of coke while you work, Hell I know I am guilty of it

Clearly the one making the educated statements here is me not you therefore the getting of a clue shall be left up to you..

And if you care to read the "other" thread you will notice I was the first to answer and offer assistance so maybe you should consider gathering all the information before trying to be a smart arse.
Old 18-07-2009, 06:10 PM

mARC at standard level

You've missed my point again, I mentioned I was queried on my Pod gauges, would I have been pissed if they gave me a yellow, sure, I've had them verified, wouldnt you?

And I'm guessing the 5 odd probies inside the shop must have been their to hold his dick, and calling someone dumb is a complement?

I'll look forward to your next misconception, but hows about we stop fogging up the boards with this crap, and take it to pm.

Wouldnt that be the most morally and ethical thing to do? (now thats being a smart ass mate)
Old 18-07-2009, 06:41 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
Do you even know what ethics are?

How is performing their job buy conducting a traffic stop/check in a petrol station any different to stopping a car on the road, in a shopping centre or even at the local maccas? You are still driving in a place open to and used by the public therefore you are fair game that's the way the legislation is written learn to live with it...
A service station IS private property......So where's the ethics is inspecting a vehicle off the public road?

I'd have locked it up and just walked away.........and smiled at them
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 18-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

say no to pod gauges.

Long live the WRC
Closed Thread

Tags
bp, check, hold dick, mmmm donuts, mprley, police