Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi View Post
I only ever catch the train if I absolutely have to, i.e when I lost my license.

I HATE catching the train with a passion and feel sorry for those who do every day! Especially in peak our when there are so many rude smelly pricks and bitches that need a punch in the face! As far as the safety issue goes. I would never ever make someone catch the train out of peak hour times as it's not safe at all.
Same boat - did it for only a month as I got a new job 5 months into my 6 month license suspension - it was fucked!

-rude people with no consideration for others, never have I seen such herds of people shoving each other around getting on and off trains. I recall with amusement some guy who was a good foot shorter than me and a "few kg" lighter pushing me in the back trying to get on at the Warwick station. He shat his pants when I turned around and said in a dead serious voice "if you do that again im going to throw you off the train while its moving"

-numbers of trains - this relates to 1 directly - there simply isnt enough in peak hour leading to the battle of the cattle for the few spots on each train.

-park and ride facilities are fucking shit - even though I was getting dropped off in the mornings, it was obvious how shitful the facilities are, lines of cars fighting for limited spots.

All of these make me happy to pay the $12 dollars a day I have to when a little late and not grabbing the free spots. Seeing as though a bus and train to mine was 4.60, its only 2.40 extra for the joy of not dealing with that shit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

^^^ unfortunately since I don't have a licence my only option as a woman is to catch public transport. I used to work at a rehab in Wellard and would gave to catch trains home from Kwinana station as late as 11pm some nights I always felt safe, not quite so much on the deserted Joondalup line with not a guard in sight. There were always security guards at the Kwinana station and on the trains however during peak times and just off peak times you very rarely see transit guards on the actual trains, so much for every train having at least two transit guards at all times

Lucky for me boxing is at the core of my personal training regime so I do have some form of defense. If worse comes to worse I could always clock an attacker with my brick of a handbag.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

TopGear at standard level

too many fuckheads out there, They really should bring back Capital Punishment worlds getting to overcrowded as it is we don't need pieces of shit like this guy walking around!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

Seems like they caught the bloke according to news reports.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Haha, lots of moaners on here bagging Public Transport.

If you have the means and are happy to use your own vehicle every day, but those of you bagging Perth's PT system are full of shit - clearly you've never travelled.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Why, because you have a vested interest and dont like it being bagged?

Spent time in Brisbane Sydney and Melbourne and their pt shits on ours from a great height.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2010, 09:13 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Same boat - did it for only a month as I got a new job 5 months into my 6 month license suspension - it was fucked!

-rude people with no consideration for others, never have I seen such herds of people shoving each other around getting on and off trains. I recall with amusement some guy who was a good foot shorter than me and a "few kg" lighter pushing me in the back trying to get on at the Warwick station. He shat his pants when I turned around and said in a dead serious voice "if you do that again im going to throw you off the train while its moving"
all the pushing and shoving and being rude in a place like perth probably isnt neccasary, we are not that big of a place nor that busy.

but wait til you go to places like London and New York and use their subways, its a fucking stampede, been on both during peak hour periods, pushing your way through is the norm, stand still and be prepared to get rolled.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post

If you have the means and are happy to use your own vehicle every day, but those of you bagging Perth's PT system are full of shit - clearly you've never travelled.
I think it's just more a case of you have had only good experiences, and must not know of or hear of any of the things that happen.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE View Post

I'll say it.

Perth's public transport system is absolutely shit house for our population size and density. And I've used public transport in numerous countries to compare it to.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

ACE at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRENUF View Post
I think it's just more a case of you have had only good experiences, and must not know of or hear of any of the things that happen.
Nope, I've had a couple of less than perfect experiences, but for the most part, the Public Transport system here in WA is cheaper and as good, if not better than anything else I've used around the world.

The trains are spotless, theres a good guard/police presence compared to most, the system is easy to use and for the most part on time.

I've lived in London and travelled on the filthy Underground, have been in a properly crowded train in India and Tokyo, have been robbed in Rome, pickpocketed in Barcelona and have been less than comfortable most parts of Eastern Europe.

You perthites have it easy, you just don't know any better - if you disagree - travel more and learn.

Tags
meat train, perth-misanthropes, public, rapist, train, transport, we gon find you