Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 06:11 PM
STI Master

Terry.Wrist at standard level

Thats definately not your average TE50!!
Why is it dubbed the "big block" if its only 5 litres?
What size tyres/kind of rubber? It'd want to be big and sticky!!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
WRXRW

its a language i don't speak too well, but what i can pick up from daniel (and you thought i was bad with s series!!) the modular 4.6 vs the SVO 5lt big block ally one likewise the 5.4 (aus spec) vs the 6lt SVO block.

he runs 285 toyo 888's and on the old engine/package (553rwkw) its currently australia's quickest manual modular v8 ford.

SILA neat tough street car and if that doesn't get your blood boiling then your automotive pulse is flat lined!
Old 19-09-2009, 02:24 AM
WRXRW

same car made 592rwkw tonite on the dyno. i went for a spin in the death seat and my underwear had just as many skidmarks as it left on the road!

i will never ever be the same again, speed & power from a "street-car" is just ludicrous "YEAHHHHHH". what was amazing is the amount of traction those 888's give, im ordering myself a set next week for sure!!

was hoping to have mine at least running by late arvo/evening but the guy supplying the dash 12 teflon fuel lines fucked us over at the last minute so everything has come to a stand still. hopefully by middle of the week (lines come ex east) it should all be done. some small fabrication left to do, like figuring out a way to mount the bovs, when one 50mm raceport is not enough, get two! the brand new diff cradle with the stiffer bushes is all ready to be fitted (decided to fabricate and strengthen the old one instead now as the harrop diff is not yet ready for a few more weeks). that's pretty much it.

during the week, i had the injectors flow tested, they flowed a monster 116 pounds vs the old ones barely do half that.

ohh yeah, msd tacho driver booster to get the signal to the aeromotive step down controller needs to be wired in also.

mmm aeromotive, and that's just one of the filters, DAMN!

sorry for the god awful camera phone pics, but i had nothing else on my person!
Old 19-09-2009, 05:02 AM
STI Master

SweLLy at standard level

hell yeah near completion

cant wait for the day!
Old 22-09-2009, 10:27 PM
WRXRW

on run-in tune and pump fuel at just 19 pound made a stupendous 486rwkw and a stump pulling 900nm's at just 4000rpm!

video's and photo's to follow, stay tuned!

had a quick blast, OH MY GOD
Old 22-09-2009, 11:02 PM
WRXRW

i took it for a drive and what a drive it was. you ease the throttle and wait for that wastegate to open then all you can do is hold on while leaving two very expensive tyre marks behind you. you slowly ease into the next gear and the same happens all the while not realising just how fast its all happening. i was physically shaking and have a new found respect for all this.

small things that stand out for me, is just how easy it is to drive the triple plate carbon clutch and what hell of a noise that aeromotive pro series makes!

to give you an idea of the torque it made, my mates supercharged V8 that makes 592rwkw (mind you @ 26psi and straight E85 fuel) made only 950nm's meanwhile, this thing made 900nm's at just 19psi on worthless 98.

once its run-in with a few kms under its belt it should pick up that elusive 500on straight pump. did the numbers and a 50/50mix on E85 should see 550rwkw and full C16 well over 600.

the fun has only just started!

yes that's the fuel pump making all that noise!
Old 22-09-2009, 11:13 PM
STI Master

Qu3xy at standard level

W O W. That is some great work mate. Congratulations.

APCV-R
AutoPro Canning Vale Racing
Old 22-09-2009, 11:46 PM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

That is an insane amount of power but I can't get over that fuel pump! It alone is louder than most cars
I'm glad to hear that you're getting some serious thrills out of it!!
How many run in kms is it scheduled for?
Old 22-09-2009, 11:57 PM
WRXRW

i was maybe a little naive about reading the aeromotive literature (warning not for street use).

the pump is on very trick msd rubber mounts but i fear the braided hose that connects to the solid inline pre filter pump is sending harmonics back to the surgetank which is not rubber mounted....easy fix.

im glad i don't have to pressure prime it before start or worse switch off before startup and then switch it on (ohh no ive gone cross eyed). with the aeromotive controller and the msd box makes life very easy.

i get the keys handed to me on friday and will try to put as many kms on it over the weekend before macey gets his hands on it. usually about 1000kms before oil change and new plugs and fresh fuel and we hit the dyno again to try and sneak in those 13kws for that psychological effect.

on the pump apart from the noise, it idles and drives off boost like a factory car. amazing to think 120 pound injectors and such a serious fuel system can do so.

i was worried the pzero's would of given up the ghost especially after sitting for so long but so far so good. once these peel out ill replace them with toyo 888 r comps.
Old 23-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Ramon you said you had a bit of hiccups getting the teflon fuel lines, may I ask what supplier that was? Reason I ask is merely because I know for a fact that teflon lines (which are available in stainless braiding) can actually be bought over here in WA, so why the hassle getting them from IS.

Tags
f6, photos, typhoon