Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > RC's Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-04-2012, 07:03 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Captain Awesome at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSubaru View Post
Sorry didnt entirely read your post.

If you buy that kit, you get the STi shell, paint it, drill some holes for the body posts, and off you go. You want a 190mm body for Electric cars, but 200mm is fine too, you just need to get some wheels with offset in that case to push them out to meet the guards.
So for example if I were to buy the kit listed above, could I then purchase this shell
Fujimi #FJ-03669 - 1/24 ID-83 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX Sti 2005 (Model Car) RC Tamiya,Kyosho,Futaba,3Racing,GPM,Walkera,Esky,Alig n,HPI,YOKOMO,Team Losi,Model,Trex 450 500,helicopter spare upgrade part,2.4Ghz,Dragon Fly,Honey Bee King2,Hirobo,SYMA,Mic
and interchange them? It's proving pretty difficult to find a plain sti shell lol

Previous:
2012 Evo X - White
Parts: HKS | SSP | GARRETT | TURBOSMART | ARC | COLTSPEED | BLITZ | CAMTECH | VARIS | VOLK | CUSCO | TIEN | FORGE | FULL RACE
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Scoobie Noobie

jofes24 at standard level

Hey to all.. Im new to perth-wrx but not new to rc cars ive read alot and sounds you guys want cars that you can thrash around have heaps of fun without paying too much.. You guys are on the right track with the tt-01 and similar models. I wont start answering everyones questions but give my number if any of you guys need a quick answer for something im more than happy to try to help, also do not hesitate to call anytime about car kits and everything else there is to rc cars we have everything, i mean everything and it is all in good condition and must sell as ive stopped racing now text is easy or call my number is 0435962703)
my back ground of racing consists of 1/10 electric on road... 1/10 nitro pro class of the a main group... 1/10 offroad all classes... I have won everything in w.a there is to win in electric classes including the tamyia cup series which flew me to melbourne once and sydney twice the following years.. After winning in sydney both years they flew me to japan to compete in the world titles first year i came 7th. Second year at the worlds i came 3rd i had a full sponsorship by stanbridges, lrp batteries and motors also ryper hobbies when it was in myaree.
Old 23-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Just bumping this thread. What is the difference between the lipo batteries in terms of the voltage?

I.e. given the small price difference and seeing as I am strarting from scratch would I not be be better off to go for the 14.4 volt batteries and be done with it? Will all the ESC's and motors handle 14.4v?

Will the brushless motors handle all the different voltages?

Also what number of terms motor do I want? Basically I want to do some carpark drifting and annoying the shit out of the dog in the house.

I also have an old baja bug of the old mans that I want to put a new esc (it had the real old school heat sink etc in it) so that one by rights is an offroad one but it is old and wont be used on any rough off roads. What would be the best brushless motor for that?

Brendon
Old 25-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
Just bumping this thread. What is the difference between the lipo batteries in terms of the voltage?

I.e. given the small price difference and seeing as I am strarting from scratch would I not be be better off to go for the 14.4 volt batteries and be done with it? Will all the ESC's and motors handle 14.4v? Nope, car ESC's almost always hold 7.2 Volt only. (2 Cell LiPo)

Will the brushless motors handle all the different voltages? Nope

Also what number of terms motor do I want? Basically I want to do some carpark drifting and annoying the shit out of the dog in the house. Roughly 13 Turns I have been told, but Mitch and I use 9 Turn and that works ok too.

I also have an old baja bug of the old mans that I want to put a new esc (it had the real old school heat sink etc in it) so that one by rights is an offroad one but it is old and wont be used on any rough off roads. What would be the best brushless motor for that? Baja not my area of expertise sorry mate.

Brendon
Pretty much get yourself the 2S Lipos. Get as high MAH as you like, thats what is going to keep you playing for the longest time. Remember to get a good Balance Charger and Power Supply too.
Old 26-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

which number of turns motor do i want? 10 turn?

Brendon
Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

Ok !... Need Help to buy one for the Boy for his birthday pressie, where should I go, is stanbridges the best place or buying on line ? I dont want a cheapo one, I want one that goes fast and is a bit fancy, do they need to be built from scratch or which is best ! help! I have till the 29th of Nov to get it, any options help you would suggest !

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

I suggest buying one pre-made / assembled to suit that timeline. I bought one a few months ago and Cam is kindly putting it together for me. There's been complications, and shipping parts etc takes time.. It's taken about 2-3 months at least so far...
Old 05-11-2012, 11:25 AM
STI Master

MISSWRXYSTi knows their stuff

haha oh crap i dont have 2-3 months !

//estreladesign.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/EstrelaDesign
Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

go on Hobbyking website, buy a car and remote and everything you need in a kit, pay for express shipping. And you'll have it here! Even if it needs to be put together, it will give him something to keep himself busy for the next 3 weeks after his birthday too.. or it goes in the too hard basket, and sits in the garage in it's box until you sell it at a garage sale in 10 years time... lol
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

How old is your boy? I would go to stanbridges with that timeline.

http://kap.industries/

Tags
start