Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Dammit! I was close!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Sign me up!
bug love

munya at standard level
Send a message via MSN to munya Send a message via Skype™ to munya

rossco was the closest
Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

All guesses invalid..

Only 1.4 bar of boost instead of stated 1.6... :-)

On a serious note, well done mate! Get that actuator done at it will be sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 03-09-2012, 07:43 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by munya View Post
rossco was the closest

1.6/1.7 bar run will be 346 hp.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

So what happened today?

Well I got to put some theory into practice on the dyno & had a little 1 to 1 time with Warick, whilst tuning the car. I learnt a fair amount today which is a huge bonus in the scheme of things. I was hoping for 350 ish +/- 10 hp, but I am happy with what it put out. As mentioned by craig, I am missing 3 psi from what I "wanted to run" The boost controller I have is not the best & we ended up maxing it out, in what it was capable of controlling. This was possibly due to the wastage spring only being around 1 bar & being weak also???

So how does it feel to drive? Well, being that it was raining pretty hard when I was driving home, I did not really get to test it out as much as I would have liked. But, fark it goes hard. It was cutting out whilst I was driving home when I was putting my foot down. I was like whats going on? Then i realised I was on the limiter. No shit, this thing really does wind up quick. The whole sensation was a lot to take in. 3500, 4000, 4500.....Boost really comes on hard &..... Limiter. Much quicker than I am used too. I really do need to get used to the sensation of boost coming on & the rpm winding up so much quicker, & when to change gear, as its so different. 1st gear & 2nd gear above 4500rpm was all wheel spin tonight in the wet & it still felt really quick.

The STI has around the same power & torque numbers. The best "it" did was a 12.3 at 109 mph down the 1/4. The wagon weighs around 230kg less than the STI, so you may now get an idea on how quick this feels? Its pretty much the difference in having either yourself driving a car or having 3 average sized passenger in your car with you.

All in all, very happy. As always the bum dyno is the real test of a tune & after the drive home, the slight disappointment on not achieving the numbers I was hoping for, quickly dissipated.

The injectors ran today no problems, the maximum they got to at full noise & 1.4 bar was around 39% at around 10.9 AFR, at full noise. Truly astonishing a injector can achieve everything it can, being so big n all

A massive thanks to Warick on the tuning lesson. Mao for the endless, ongoing support and assistance with this car. Matt for all the help with parts & the oil , Geoff for being my shadow today & Paul & Neil for the engine build & parts. I only managed to get 128 K's on the clock before it went on the dyno today & it all happened so comfortably. Amazing. Cheers guys........

The actual final results.

Kato, baylee, Qu3xy and 2 others like this.

Simon.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:55 AM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

That doesn't seem right? Those sort of figures are consistently achieved with much less work?

39% at around 10.9 AFR - This to me would seem laggy and probably not the smoothest thing to drive?

70 degree temp?

Sorry to nit-pick, but I'd be expecting more out of the tune to be honest.
Kato likes this.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 AM

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Interested in how you picked up some power by cutting the ABS line?

http://kap.industries/
Old 04-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

I dont have ABS in the car. it was only a joke.
RUSSGT likes this.

Simon.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
That doesn't seem right? Those sort of figures are consistently achieved with much less work?

39% at around 10.9 AFR - This to me would seem laggy and probably not the smoothest thing to drive?

70 degree temp?

Sorry to nit-pick, but I'd be expecting more out of the tune to be honest.
I don't mind the nit picking Adz. I am happy with what I have got, regardless of what the numbers from the dyno said. Its a pretty quick car to drive now.

Why doesn't it seem right? Its a basically no different a motor to my STI in build apart from it has ported heads. The turbo is probably not the best quality, but it comes onto boost at around the same time as the STI & makes very similar power. As mentioned previously its only on 1.4 bar at the moment.

Why would a 39% duty cycle seem laggy? I got the entire map run on the safer side of 11 AFR due to it being a track car. Its not driven on the street, only to go to events & back.

70 degrees at a guess would be temperature yesterday in fahrenheit?

Edit: I mean at the full noise area of the map, when I say entire map at 10.9. Not cruising or part throttle.

Simon.

Last edited by RoughStilin; 04-09-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 AM
STI Master

Adz at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughStilin View Post
Why doesn't it seem right? Its a basically no different a motor to my STI in build apart from it has ported heads. The turbo is probably not the best quality, but it comes onto boost at around the same time as the STI & makes very similar power. As mentioned previously its only on 1.4 bar at the moment.

Why would a 39% duty cycle seem laggy? I got the entire map run on the safer side of 11 AFR due to it being a track car. Its not driven on the street, only to go to events & back.

70 degrees at a guess would be temperature yesterday in fahrenheit?

Edit: I mean at the full noise area of the map, when I say entire map at 10.9. Not cruising or part throttle.
Understandable if it's in farenheit.. would make sense, if not - its adjusted to increase the HP.

Also interesting he's started the run @ ~2500 ramp rate, as this would also have an effect on how much HP is made.

10.9afr is super rich - this would make the car feel pretty laggy also as well as keeping the power down.

Did they stick an 02 sensor in the tail pipe for the tune?

Tags
#bigbluewheelstime, can i have a sugar daddy?, daz, gf8, hack, kapow = kamao, pink mesh track hack, racecar, roughstilin, this wagon just got shit done, track, track hack