Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree504Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

E85 later on perhaps?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
what was the lap times with the STD 2ltr MY97 engine, PFC,TD05 16G, boost controller, front mount and a evolution R tune Simon ? also lap times at Wanneroo ( short & long track )
240 ish hp 300nm, best times so far,

Barbs long was 75.2 if I remember correctly.

Barbs short was 58.3

But the car was never right each time I went to Barbs. Why do you ask mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
hmm, closed loop idle should be great if the tune is ok?

out of interest, why such large injectors?
From what I have read the FC is not very quick to react in closed loop mode. I found this to be true & found it better to turn it off and make it correct myself. With closed loop on it swings between 13 & 16 AFR's as soo as you tur it off its stable between 14.4 & 14.9. I prefer it my way.

Injectors were purchased initially Stace for my 2.35 GTX35 build where I was hoping to make decent power on 85. I have used a few of the parts on this build from that parts pile. From my research the 1600 cc ID's are a pain to tune hence I went the 2000's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
E85 later on perhaps?
Rossco, stick "sooner rather than" between E85 & later

Simon.

Last edited by RoughStilin; 09-12-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

I am interested how the new donk will move the car around the track from the old motor
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Gotcha, 2.35 build parts make a bit more sense,

E85 should put another 30% on top of your numbers, im just keen to see some bigger results for your efforts!
GTB Liberty likes this.

Long live the WRC
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

I took Geoff for a blast around in it tonight and traction was an issue All I could hear was, Baaarrpp from the exhaust & a 3 ft 4" Asian next to me giggling.

I hope to comfortably take 2 sec off my short track time, with the 225 tyres I had on the car. Then another 2 with the 275's on. Ultimately I want really low 54's.
Qu3xy likes this.

Simon.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:33 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

With everything this has, I reckon its easily a high 55 car.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Quote:
Gotcha, 2.35 build parts make a bit more sense,

E85 should put another 30% on top of your numbers, im just keen to see some bigger results for your efforts!
I am hoping for another 25 - 30 hp with 1.6 ish bar on 98, that should get me to my goal of around the 350 mark & probably another 20 - 25 nm of torque. Then I will get a drum of 85, re tune & hopefully gaina another 40 to 50 hp. Then I have a bit of a monster on my hands I think. 400hp (hopefully) in a car that weighs 1240 ish kg, that sounds like fun

At the end of the day Stace, lets not forget, this is still a 2.0 litre motor with basically a set of forgies, with ported heads, but all moving internal parts are standard. Its not a 2.2, it does not have big cams & it still has manners. The more I drive it now after its been tuned, the more i could not give a rats arse what that dyno sheet says. When you can't get traction (with decent tyres, the ones I race on) in 1st, 2nd and still slipping a little in 3rd (admittedly on wet roads) something has been done right I say.

Simon.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Definatley not forgetting, hence i remember on my stock ej207, stock pistons/with stock heads/stock cams/vf34 and a rubbish fmic making 323ps/480nm with not a lot more then just boost and jungle juice, 6 years ago and it was reliable

All im suggesting is that for the length youve gone too, i'd expect some good returns, otherwise you probably could have saved some $

Long live the WRC
Old 04-09-2012, 10:09 PM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Who ported your heads Simon? What was the expectant gain from doing so?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

Quote:
Definatley not forgetting, hence i remember on my stock ej207, stock pistons/with stock heads/stock cams/vf34 and a rubbish fmic making 323ps/480nm with not a lot more then just boost and jungle juice, 6 years ago and it was reliable

All im suggesting is that for the length youve gone too, i'd expect some good returns, otherwise you probably could have saved some $
Fair enough Stace, point taken. Lengths I have gone too? We as a group enjoy what we do, & as I mentioned before I am happy with what I have got. The numbers may not be the best, but the car feels quick.

Its a learning curve I guess, I am happy to make some smaller changes in power but gain more in knowledge of what works and doesnt work on an engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Who ported your heads Simon? What was the expectant gain from doing so?
A friends dad did them for me.

To be honest Rossco, I went to 2 head places around 12 months ago for the heads to be ported (for the 2.35 build), 1mm oversized valve, double row springs, Ti retainers & 272 cams. Both these places looked at me and yeah we have done it before, but your motor is forced induction, don't you just through more boost into it?

At the time I was (and still am) a little nieve. I understand the factors of volumetric efficiency and want to know does a head have to be ported to increase flow, can it be a standard port with a bigger cam (ie more duration & lift)? Does it have to be both? Are OS valve really needed? We ported the heads as a trial & purposefully left the cams standard & mech gear standard to see what it would do. The results obviously dont look too promising, but we will see what happens with better boost control & a little more flow.

Basically this entire engine build was an experiment for future builds within the people I hang out with, who are fellow hoons, I mean enthusiasts We did not know what the real gains would be, opposed to better VE

Simon.

Tags
#bigbluewheelstime, can i have a sugar daddy?, daz, gf8, hack, kapow = kamao, pink mesh track hack, racecar, roughstilin, this wagon just got shit done, track, track hack