Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2013, 08:04 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

in all honestly Cat you need to stop and access the situation. Either keep taking it to the one workshop to ensure it can get started and running and go from there. It may cost a bit more but at least your car will be running.

Doug has seemed to be willing to help you out so why keep chopping ang changing people looking at it? If Stechnic cant diagnose the problem and think its electrical then they will get a auto sparky in.. The worst thing you can keep doing is keep bringing other epople in that dont know any history of what was done before hand.

You're saying the car is now cranking but wont start? Have you checked what Doug said? Fuel pump actually priming now? do your coil packs have spark? Have you depressed your immobilisor before starting?

You dont have any text limit on a forum post, so plese take an extra 5 minutes and actually type a thought out and well structured reply so people can actually see whats happening. Im not having a go, just going through all these posts to find what youve done is not helping you or anyone else?
RUSSGT, TROLLEY and DukeDrifter like this.
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 13-09-2013, 09:45 AM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spektre View Post
in all honestly Cat you need to stop and access the situation. Either keep taking it to the one workshop to ensure it can get started and running and go from there. It may cost a bit more but at least your car will be running.

Doug has seemed to be willing to help you out so why keep chopping ang changing people looking at it? If Stechnic cant diagnose the problem and think its electrical then they will get a auto sparky in.. The worst thing you can keep doing is keep bringing other epople in that dont know any history of what was done before hand.

You're saying the car is now cranking but wont start? Have you checked what Doug said? Fuel pump actually priming now? do your coil packs have spark? Have you depressed your immobilisor before starting?

You dont have any text limit on a forum post, so plese take an extra 5 minutes and actually type a thought out and well structured reply so people can actually see whats happening. Im not having a go, just going through all these posts to find what youve done is not helping you or anyone else?
The reason I don't normally do long replies is because my computer is not working so I'm on my mobile and it is annoying to type long messages on it.

I did what was said this morning and there is no spark from the coils and I can't hear the fuel pump priming, the immobiliser is not an issue atm.
I also have seen Doug and he gave me the number for an auto electrician to come to my place and get the car running but since your post Craig I've decided to cancel that and just get the car towed to Stechnic because they know the cars history and will get the issues sorted once and for all because I know they will do it right and won't take shortcuts.

So there you've convinced me so people can't say I never listen to advice on here.....also With all these towing fees I've paid this year I could have bought a new turbo
RUSSGT likes this.
Old 13-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

or a new computer :P
Cat likes this.
Old 13-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
I keep stumbling into this thread hoping for the moment of win. Is it ever coming with this car? Please say it is.
Moment of win !

Cat had her car towed in this morning and we were busy as shit so I made no promises as to when we would look at it. The story of the motorcycle trying to tow the car up the hill made me think I had better step in and help. She's certainly determined to see this project through, hasn't lost any enthusiasm despite all the setbacks etc.

Trying to fault find a conversion done by someone else, then repaired by another person is always going to be a challenge. I got to it late in the day, no fuel pump power, the relay was hot. Renewed the relay, tidied up some wiring, screwed a few brackets back where they should be and start it up. Left it running for 1/2 hour while I wiggle tested the loom etc. rechecked the relay, no longer hot...win!

Put the trims back on and went for a decent drive. Cat's car actually drives really well, goes like stink! I guarantee it's got a mid to high 12 second pass in it as is.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dtrally For This Useful Post:
Cat (13-09-2013), Dan [GTI] (14-09-2013), Master D (13-09-2013), Spektre (14-09-2013)
Old 13-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Great news Doug!

Maybe you should wiggle American Dave's loom so he can crack a 12.
jEstEr?, Jimmy S, STI325V6 and 9 others like this.
muggz (14-09-2013), teejay (14-09-2013)
Old 13-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Awesome work Doug. Another example of you guys treating enthusiasts extremely well
Old 13-09-2013, 08:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Someone should create a thanks thread for Doug.
muggz, Wozzernux, TROLLEY and 5 others like this.
Old 13-09-2013, 08:34 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Moment of win !

Cat had her car towed in this morning and we were busy as shit so I made no promises as to when we would look at it. The story of the motorcycle trying to tow the car up the hill made me think I had better step in and help. She's certainly determined to see this project through, hasn't lost any enthusiasm despite all the setbacks etc.

Trying to fault find a conversion done by someone else, then repaired by another person is always going to be a challenge. I got to it late in the day, no fuel pump power, the relay was hot. Renewed the relay, tidied up some wiring, screwed a few brackets back where they should be and start it up. Left it running for 1/2 hour while I wiggle tested the loom etc. rechecked the relay, no longer hot...win!

Put the trims back on and went for a decent drive. Cat's car actually drives really well, goes like stink! I guarantee it's got a mid to high 12 second pass in it as is.
I should've just come straight to you and the guys Doug, as I know you're a great bunch of people who have helped me so much and everytime I go there I feel welcome and everytime I leave with my car it's just better than before and I can't thank you enough for putting up with me
I look forward to picking the car up tomorrow and thanking you

Ps. I'm still a fair way off that 12 second pass though.......14.7
Old 13-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4eva93 View Post
Ps. I'm still a fair way off that 12 second pass though.......14.7
Let me drive it. The car is fast, I'm confident.
Old 13-09-2013, 08:47 PM
STI Master

Cat at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Let me drive it. The car is fast, I'm confident.
You reckon you could do it with the shitty tyres ?

Tags
balls, because racecar, boost, cat, chop chop ad, dak, dok, dok dok boom!, dokless, heard a slight tapping...... meh she'll be right, let it die, limiter launchs rule!!, lot, needs more cable ties, rattle can presentable, rip funny tags, snap dakle pop, sorta running well, stock