Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Retards are everywhere. Blame pot, blame the school system, blame the parents??? I dunno but these guys constantly amaze me at their stupidity. It probably doesnt help when the dumb shits that get their fingers cut off in machines walk away with hundreds of thousands in compo.
Just remember 1/2 the people on the planet are BELOW average intelligence.

Scary thing is I am sure that the point of average intelligence is getting lower and lower every year.

Twelve years in mining and I have seen some pearlers. Still reckon the best was the fitter that put the fuel hose on a 785 Cat ( 150 tonne ) Dump truck and immediately proceed to head straight to the cab by the shortest route possible and drive off. Flow rate from that hose was about 500 liters per min. Was not popular.

Blame this countries inability to make people accountable for their actions.
Old 15-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi View Post
Blame this countries inability to make people accountable for their actions.
I agree!!

Plus too many people just blame other people when they do shit wrong.
Old 15-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Sir AntiLag

Autopilot at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi View Post
Just remember 1/2 the people on the planet are BELOW average intelligence.
Actually only 16% of people are below average intelligences, 68% are of average intelligence and only the top 2% and bottom 2% are considered either fucking smart or fucking retarded respectively. It's called standard deviation.

Last edited by Autopilot; 15-08-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 15-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopilot View Post
Actually only 16% of people are below average intelligences, 68% are of average intelligence and only the top 2% and bottom 2% are considered either fucking smart or fucking retarded respectively. It's called standard deviation.
I guess then the majority of F*&kwits I know are probably average then.

Average is pretty F&$king stupid
Old 16-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

I reckon I know a hell of a lot of people in that bottom 2%

I fired 7 people in one day once for being fucking idiots. And the one that was most taken aback I had caught stealing and lying to me about it. He took some retic parts (maybe $10 worth but probably less) and I asked him where they came from. He said the retic subcontractor gave them to him so the next day I asked the retic subbie whether he had. Of course the answer was no so I fronted the thief up and he admitted and I told him to piss off. The thing is if he was upfront and asked I am absolutely positive the retic guy would have given to him for nothing.

Brendon
Old 16-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
I reckon I know a hell of a lot of people in that bottom 2%
I know what you mean. Curiously it seems to not matter how much or how little you pay as to the intelligence level of employees. We had a run of dud mechanical fitters where I previously worked, we thought that perhaps we wern't paying enough to attract decent people, so we upped it considerably, and got another dud. Just as we were trying to figure out how to get rid of him without leaving us exposed to unfair dismissal claims, he gets a job in the mining industry paying $90k! As an example of his intelligence level, the day after he finished with us (luckily) he was dumping some rubbish at the tip and lifted a broken 9 panel window over his head when the broken glass rained down over his arms and neck lacerating him badly. Couldn't start the new job for some weeks (but they started paying him anyway)
Old 16-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
I dunno but these guys constantly amaze me at their stupidity.
I'm over being amazed by stupidity, because it's as simple as anything else, people will constantly try to improve an improvement, fuktards just continue to up the ante too.
Old 16-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

On the flip side - its good see people still asking for high standards of work.

My work seems to reward mediocracy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 16-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Whats this reward thing? I don't get rewarded & I'm probably one of the more learned people at work.
Old 16-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

The other thing that gets me is their attitude and sheer laziness. Ok, when I was started working for my folks I started out in the field on a shovel. No question I got pulled up the ladder a bit faster than others but I put the hard yards in. These totally unedicated drop kick emo kids want to start in the office on $80k a year with a vehicle.

The amount of gear that gets broken because these guys would rather sit their ass on a machine than get behind a walk behind mower is crazy. ie. imagine this. In you local park you have a line of bollards in the grass. From the bollards to the kerb is approx 500mm. Then you have either a footpath or a road. Rather than walk behind a self propelled mower for literally 10 minutes they will jump on a triplex (cost is approx $45k)that looks like this.

http://www.toro.com/golf/mower/trim/rm3100/3100s.html

They will then put one of the reels on the grass. The middle one goes on the kerb and the next one goes on the bitumen road mowing rocks. For those that know anything about these mowers they work like a scissor and any sand will blunt them and then it tears the grass rather than cut it. Job looks like crap / mowers break down / world of hurt. Then they drive into trees or the bollard and bend the pin that keeps the cutting unit square to the machine. We make the pins up ourselves and they are not overly dear but it still means that they cant finish the job properly and the mechanic has to spend 30 minutes replacing the thing or heating it up and straightening it.

I think the big thing is that 18 months go we are so desperate for staff that they were dictating how things were going to play out to us. Now the wheel is turning and I think some of these rock apes are going to be in for the shock of their lives.

In relation to Doug and your unfair dismissal laws we have always taken the opinion that whatever it costs to get rid of them is going to be cheaper than giving them all the warnings and offering counselling and trying to help them. We are not a university or local council. We have had a couple of people have a crack and one guy got $6k but apart from that the biggest ever was only a couple of k. The only reason old mate (who fired for theft) got $6k was because he said he was made redundant and therefore his payout had to be comensurate with the amount of time that he had spent with us, which was something like 5 years.

Brendon

Tags
day, don't like your job-quit and stop crying., employee, fuck the true australians, fukn skips and asians, fuktard, grammar police, hire cathy freeman, im here to show em how its done, lazy convicts - the true culture of australia, scoobygez complains about work, sif cathy works!, thread would be about scoobygez...if he worked!