Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autopilot View Post
Actually only 16% of people are below average intelligences, 68% are of average intelligence and only the top 2% and bottom 2% are considered either fucking smart or fucking retarded respectively. It's called standard deviation.
Yes, but if people are becoming dumber every year the average will move lower and the standard deviations will remain the same. Having an 'average intelligence std dev' is meh in my opinion. The people at the bottom of that curve are still borderline below average intelligence.

And as people have been saying in this thread, you seem to meet a lot of people on the lower end of the curve. Maybe its because you remember them more than the smarter cookies.
Old 17-08-2009, 10:01 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682 View Post
I like her idea of the beer though. Good Office Manager. However some people would suggest that this is Alcohol abuse!
ROFL nah not abuse cause it was a can of Tooheys New!! not real beer!
Old 17-08-2009, 10:04 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

nang3 at standard level

haha fuck im gonna show me boss this thread - im a fucking A1 employee mofo compared to some tools some people here have 'working' for them haha
Old 17-08-2009, 11:07 AM
STI Master

daveygravey at standard level

Had a guy come for an interview for a welder/turner, I showed him to the lathe an gave him everything he would need an told him to come see me when he was done, He spent 3hours trying to put a 30mm 12TPI thread on a piece of chrome bar for a hydraulic cylinder.. epic fail broke tips and what a fukin mess... an to top it he could not even weld for shit, even after the 3hr effort I still gave him the chance ... he had papers for turning an welding but yet could not even lay a 6mm fillet....

What are the training standards in WA? Its not the firts time i have seen this happen..

Some people should just stick to cutting up retard rags...
Old 17-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

sleepy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to sleepy

Happens in every trade, a certificate doesn't equate to experience.
Old 17-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
Happens in every trade, a certificate doesn't equate to experience.
nor does experience equate to intelligence
Old 17-08-2009, 05:16 PM
STI Master

[BANNED] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [BANNED]

An older and supposedly "wiser" staff member of mine does some work for a client of ours.

Nothing major - just some updates and changes to the clients website. Staff member spends a couple of hours during business hours making some changes and bills the client accordingly.

I query him about the work and said staff member proceeds to tell me it's almost done and will do the rest when he gets home that night. (Staff get paid overtime, no big deal). Client wants it done, is happy to pay - thats fine.

I receive a payment from the client a week later for a grand sum of $40. A few hours of our time, plus overtime rates all for $40, get fucked. Something is up.

I open the next letter in the pile and it's a cheque made out to the staff member for $150.00. I query him about the cheque as it may have been an error. He then proceeds to tell me that he had an arrangement with the client that he would do the work for him directly and get paid directly by the client. Direct violation of his employment contract.

Do these idiots even read these things before signing them? They're 150% up to speed on their entitlements etc. But when it comes to "rules", they have no fucking clue! Further to that - who does work "on the side" and has the client send the cheque to the business they work for? Jesus Christ!

Needless to say I am currently on the lookout for another "wise" candidate.

Last edited by [BANNED]; 17-08-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 17-08-2009, 05:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

So basically, he has thrown his job away for the chance to make $150 on the side?

Unbelievable!
Old 17-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
So basically, he has thrown his job away for the chance to make $150 on the side?

Unbelievable!
+2

That guy should have been given his marching orders on the spot!
Old 17-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Elrico at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveygravey View Post

What are the training standards in WA? Its not the firts time i have seen this happen..
Not sure about your trade, but in the electrical game, Western Australia is one of, if not the highest standard in the world. They refuse to accept licenses from other countries (ask the poms, they love hearing that when they land and ask for a job....haha), make them redo tests to prove compentency, and i dont think they even accept licenses from other states.

Yet, however tight and stringent these laws and compentencies are, i still see some really retarded electricians. One, a 4th year, thought he'd be a smart arse and charge a 50uf capacitor in a 240v powerpoint to discharge it on a piece of metal near the younger apprentice. So, it exploded and left him with a nice black face.

Last edited by Elrico; 17-08-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Tags
day, don't like your job-quit and stop crying., employee, fuck the true australians, fukn skips and asians, fuktard, grammar police, hire cathy freeman, im here to show em how its done, lazy convicts - the true culture of australia, scoobygez complains about work, sif cathy works!, thread would be about scoobygez...if he worked!