Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > ECUTEK Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2008, 08:16 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

fa7boy at standard level
Default Whats the difference...?!

Hey..

I was wondering whats the difference between ecutek tune and verso tune...? power wise and price wise....
Old 23-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

A Verso Tune is the same as ECUTek 3. Except MUCH cheaper.
Old 23-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

If you have MY07 onwards Verso is not and option.
Old 23-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43
If you have MY07 onwards Verso is not and option.
But for how long.........
Old 23-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

done to death
pls try and use the advance search option
we're all like to be helpful but sometimes, it would be beneficial to search and see if there's any specifics, info wise you want help with

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...ghlight=ecutek
Old 23-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle
But for how long.........
Too long if you bought a 07 in 07??????????????
Old 25-08-2008, 09:05 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

trusti rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmh
done to death
pls try and use the advance search option
we're all like to be helpful but sometimes, it would be beneficial to search and see if there's any specifics, info wise you want help with

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...ghlight=ecutek
still, more technical info between the two would be useful. the threads pointed out (i read em all) are just discussion about verso and ecutek, not information. info, from those who know, would be awesome to help make a start on an informed decision about why the price differences etc. maybe you'll just say go talk to the workshops (and i have and will) but its still good for noobs to be able to find out a bit about it so they dont rock up at workshops not even knowing which does what. also knowing technical info about them will help when choosing modifications as one tune might be more suited to a particular mod than another. so just saying "go with verso they are the cheapest and best cos so and so got it" doesnt really help because i can turn around and say "well ecutek is best because its good enough for Litchfield type 25's and they come with a factory backed 2yr warranty so they are the best." also with verso being in wa only and limited to 1 workshop?? its knowledge base is obviously small compared which is why we need more tech on it. /end rant/
Old 25-08-2008, 09:10 AM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

EcuTek breaks engines..

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 25-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

I only pulled up one example there btw
There're heaps of technical post, however due to the fact that there are so many posts which are similar, all the good post gets buried. Hence, I rather someone pick up an older post with some tech info and rebirth that then restart, as again all good info gets buried deeper and deeper

Back to your point, I have no financial interest in either product and both ECUtek and Verso are essentially the same tuning process, ie reflash of the stock ecu.

ECUtek you have 3 options, first 2 are just basic off the shelf reflash without a dyno tuned but based on a set mod list, e.g. 3" TBE, etc. Cost starts from $1200-1800 (range, happy to be corrected, its being a while since I read/check). 3rd option on ECUtek is $1800 or so, but consist of a dyno tune and for whatever mods you want, so its customised. Personally, i do not believe its a smart idea to assume all mods should have the same charteristics. It should be dynoed to ensure all the fuel/air mix is correct.

ECUTek will also "lock" your ecu for the period and if something does go wrong, the locals may not be able to fix it, they will either send it back to the mother ship in NSW (MRT?) and/or if they can't fix it, i'd say its back to the bigger mothership in the UK(?). You can get the ECU reflash back to its OEM state when we sell it.

As for Verso, its a flat rate $990, dyno tuned and customised. Doesn't matter what mods you have, you get a dyno tune for whatever mods or request you have. Yes, its only limited to WA, but again, its a reflash, as long as its not locked or contain some sort of proprietary lock, then any compentent tuner who has the equipment or dyno can retune/reflash it

More info here - stickied under ECU Discussions

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/ecu-discussion/13955-engine-control-unit-faq-whats-available.html

Last edited by pmh; 25-08-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 25-08-2008, 09:19 AM