Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Just read this in your other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterabbitrexy View Post
Hi guys i wana do a engine block flush not a radiator flush on my 1998 wrx impreza gc8 ej20 turbo engine ....well I will do I radiator flush but I want to focus mainly on a block flush because of my turbo is letting oil residual sludge in my coolant system.
Seem like you have much bigger issues to deal with before you Waste your money on making the car go harder.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 02-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Scoobie Noobie

whiterabbitrexy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
The only speed limited factory GC8 ecu's are the V5 & V6 STI ecu's which speed limit at 180kph.

Unless you motor has been rebuilt with some 'goodies' in it that GTX turbo is going to suck ass on a stock EJ20T.

I don't know why you've settled on a turbo with a 3" inlet anyhow - are you going for a rotated turbo mount??

You need to find yourself a tuner, buy a decent ECU & heed your chosen tuners advice before you waste your money on a combination of parts that won't work well together.

'High boost' on a stock ECu is 16-17 Psi.......... High boost for me is 25psi+
Engine has had rebuilt bottom end with 03 sti internals crank/rod/pistons... But I'm pretty sure it has stock heads on it.... It's not a rotated turbo mount just a normal stock bend induction...

Reason I have changed my stock turbo inlet is because the stock one is melted at the turbo housing and why go oem why I can get a better one for cheaper prices and later down in the future I have a 3inch inlet for better airflow instead of the 2inch turbo inlet

Last edited by whiterabbitrexy; 02-08-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:22 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Just read this in your other thread:

Seem like you have much bigger issues to deal with before you Waste your money on making the car go harder.
I did a head gasket on it and was still slowly droping oil/ wired sludge into my coolant...
I gave it to a mechanic to do another head gasket with arp head bolts and oem 3 layer metal gasket type and still the same deal with the coolant..... Now only thing to do is to change my turbo because my old Vf22 has sacked in something in and bent the turbine fins/blades and turbo seal is completely gone as to smoking up pretty bad on start up and on boost it smokes...it's not my value seals I've done them....

Now once I change my turbo to a new turbo If i still get oil in my coolant then I know my block is on its way and I don't care about the block any more can't keep trying to fix something that I don't know how to fix instead just getting a new bare block for 1.5k and start from there....because it's not the heads they have been crack pressure tested
Old 02-08-2015, 09:29 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff
Default afm/ maf sensor swapping

Stock 03 STI rods and pistons are far from goodies mate . As others have said find a reputable tuner and talk about what you're trying to achieve. Not trying to be a kunt , but you're knowledge is very limited and sounds like you have either been told misinformation, or read it on the interwebs .

Before making a costly mistake talk to a workshop or tuner with experience and come up with a build plan to achieve your goals .

Just slapping a big turbo on and assuming you have supporting mods won't get you anywhere but broke. Just so you know you can have stock injectors or 550 or 1200 cc the fuel pump will sound exactly the same .

Sent from under my Dok Dok

Last edited by amtrapid; 02-08-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtrapid View Post
Stock 03 STI rods and pistons are far from goodies mate . As others have said find a reputable tuner and talk about what you're trying to achieve. Not trying to be a kunt , but you're knowledge is very limited and sounds like you have ether been told misinformation, or read it on the interwebs .

Before making a costly mistake talk to a workshop or tuner with experience and come up with a build plan to achieve your goals .

Just slapping a big turbo on and assuming you have supporting mods won't get you anywhere but broke. Just so you know you can have stock injectors or 550 or 1200 cc the fuel pump will sound exactly the same .

Sent from under my Dok Dok
Thanks for the advice.... I don't know any good tuners here in Melbourne.... This car had been tuned before at sti docklands so I think I'll just take it there...if anyone can recommend me a good tuner here in Melbourne I'm all ears 👂 ........BUT if I hear anyone tell me take it To springy performance I'M going to give u the worst experience story from my brothers basic ford ba gas conversation .....I Fuken hate that guy at spring performance ...so don't mention that company please

Tags
afm or, maf, sensor, swapping