Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Jaye at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Edited for correctness.

How many km were on it when you dropped it off?
How many Km did they add to your car?

Perhaps it's a wind up by your bro's mate?......You seem overly sensitive about it...
Nah, its not a wind up, the dude is one of my bro's best mates and they know my car cos they have worked on it.

And i dont think anyone here would be happy about some clown thrashing their car when they are supposed to be fixing someting on it. I dont know how diagnosing an immobiliser issue involves topping it out in 2nd and smashing 3rd.....
Old 29-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Regents is on Scarborough beach road.....Jon Sanders drive is the other side of Osborne Park, next to herdsman lake....Did your brothers mate have a telescope, an eye in the sky or some super-human vision to see through the West Australian newspaper building to see Jon Sanders drive?

"topping out 2nd & smashing 3rd"...strongly doubt it....seeing as getting hoon lawed as an AHG employee is instant dismissal.

Yeah, yeah, they reset your tune back to stock and fitted a used airfilter too....

Anywho, what was your immobiliser issue? the brant or something else?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 30-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Jaye at standard level

No need for telescopes or super human vision when he was on a test drive at the same time and saw MY (confirmed by Subaru Osborne Park) car hammering past him on the same road the other way.

And if you think that employees dont break SOP's every so often and do something that would jeopardise their employment you need to get out more. For starters there was no need to road test my car, it had starting issues, not performance issues. There is also no need to have 2 people road testing the car. There was obviously 1 clear intention for taking my car for a joy ride.

You seem a little over sensetive about this... do you work at Subaru Osborne Park?

And no idea what the problem is now, seems that clearing the fault codes didnt fix the problem.... haha.
Old 30-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

No....I don't work for Subaru but I do work for AHG.

Have you reported the incident to the service manager or just whinged here?

Sounds like your car had more than one fault code logged relating to other issues, therefore clearing the codes AND driving the vehicle would be required to see if the codes were stored by a transient fault or a real failure.

What did they tell you in your report?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 30-10-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Ah me rare blue subaru...
Old 30-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Lancey_B at standard level

Subaru ozzy park have a driveway that goes down to the back of ozzy park. We use the same roads for road tests. Everyone here knows the car very, very well. My apprentice saw it, my co worker saw it and a car cleaner saw it. At least one of us is on that road almost all the time. It seems funny that a CS6 rex, lowered, black tint with a front mount hanging out of it and that sticker on the back was doing laps with 2 mechanics in it at the time they were clocked onto this job. Its my bro's car and it has been in here on many occasions. Everyone knows it. Quick cars get hurt at mechainc dealerships and if you think they dont you are delusional. Clap clap for the handycap. It was a bit silly doing it on that road when it was known where i also work.
Old 30-10-2009, 11:39 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancey_B View Post
Subaru ozzy park have a driveway that goes down to the back of ozzy park. We use the same roads for road tests. Everyone here knows the car very, very well. My apprentice saw it, my co worker saw it and a car cleaner saw it. At least one of us is on that road almost all the time. It seems funny that a CS6 rex, lowered, black tint with a front mount hanging out of it and that sticker on the back was doing laps with 2 mechanics in it at the time they were clocked onto this job. Its my bro's car and it has been in here on many occasions. Everyone knows it. Quick cars get hurt at mechainc dealerships and if you think they dont you are delusional. Clap clap for the handycap. It was a bit silly doing it on that road when it was known where i also work.

What does the sticker say and how did you know they were mechanics driving the vehicle?
Old 30-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Lancey_B at standard level

Its a white sticker on the top in the middle of the back window. It WAS this car, there is absolutly no doubt about it. Im assuming salesmen or car cleaners dont repair cars or test drive service cars there, or maybe thats just every dealership i have ever worked at? On the flipside, mechanic or not, whats it matter?
Old 30-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Jaye at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
No....I don't work for Subaru but I do work for AHG.

Have you reported the incident to the service manager or just whinged here?

Sounds like your car had more than one fault code logged relating to other issues, therefore clearing the codes AND driving the vehicle would be required to see if the codes were stored by a transient fault or a real failure.

What did they tell you in your report?
Oh good, so you would know what mechanics do in customers cars, don’t forget having a brother who is a mechanic, and most of his mates being mechanics, i hear the stories of what happens in customers cars quite often. This kind of behaviour isn’t isolated to a few dealerships, its industry wide. It’s just rare that people are caught doing it and then reprimanded.

Of course I made a report to the service manager. I was merely asking questions on here and wanting to find out if anyone has had similar issues dealing with this particular dealership... being a Subaru forum, I thought there may be a chance other Subaru owners have had dealings with Subaru Osborne Park. Can you see the link in my thought process here? And I am not a person that feels big berating people behind the safety of a computer. I prefer to sort things out in person.

And i wasn’t given a report, a service advisor told me that "the fault codes have been cleared and connections re-tensioned", "car seems to be running fine, here are your keys, and see you later."

The service from the service advisor at Subaru Oz Park has been great, i cant fault him, he is bending over backwards to sort out the problem especially since the complaint about the treatment of my car. Its no coincidence that i am able to pin point when exactly the car was being driven and when the incident occurred. My main issue is that my car still isn’t fixed and that some mechanics have no respect for other people cars. I have been pretty lucky having a mechanic I can trust (my brother) it’s just that this was a problem that was better for a Subaru yard to fix.
Old 30-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Subaru Tech Division

smerm07 at standard level

*subscribed to thread*

Tags
car, flashing, immobiliser, key, light, start