Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-10-2009, 12:14 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

haydn_wolf at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancey_B View Post
Its a white sticker on the top in the middle of the back window. It WAS this car, there is absolutly no doubt about it. Im assuming salesmen or car cleaners dont repair cars or test drive service cars there, or maybe thats just every dealership i have ever worked at? On the flipside, mechanic or not, whats it matter?
I understand where you are coming from, I have a white sticker on the back of my car as well, have you seen my car around? The reason I ask is that you seem positive that they were mechanics. There is the possibility that the one of the workers in the service department took the car to have more of an understanding of what condition the vehicle is in and how it is performing (that is if they took the vehicle out to begin with) to properly explain the situation to the customer. Remember if you assume you make an ass out of u and me.
Old 30-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I'm sure lots of people have had their cars serviced by Ossie Park Subaru.

I'm sure a lot of cars there have been taken for a test drive too.

I'd be a little bit skeptical that they were continually ringing the necks out of subarus dropped off there for services, but hey they might.

Did you see them, no. Do you have any proof, no. Is it just another family member / friend saying he saw them 'thrash' your car, yes. What will the outcome of this be, nothing. Are you wasting your time going on about it, yes.

I had recall work done on my Evo X last week. For changing out a fuel pipe they had to drive it 14kms and hit full boost as per my peak hold reading on the EVC.

Sure I could have gone in and complained, but what would that accomplish...? Diddly squat, except that next time my car needed a service or something by them I would know it would be thrashed to all buggery.

Also, I really hope this thread isn't a Osbourne Park Subaru are the gays, go see my brother at XXX mechanics around the corner instead, they will look after your car...
Old 30-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Was your mate trying to keep up with the Subaru techs in a Proton Satria?

I'm sure you drive your car much harder, longer and more regularly than any tech would...After all they are a performance car.

I'm sure everytime you drive your car you give it a squirt.

So the problem was suspected to be a loose wiring harness somewhere under dash?

How exactly would YOU replicate the fault / simulate on road vehicle vibration & road harshness with the car on a hoist?
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 30-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Lancey_B at standard level

Not at all, unless they had a certain make of car i dont see why they would bring it here in the first place.

Sometimes diagnostic equiptment is needed and it has to go to a dealership when it comes to key transponders, pcm's, modules and subarus awesome immoboliser system.

Like you said, hopefully if its needed to go there again it will get looked after and not have its neck rung, hopefully this applies to other customers cars too and who knows, maybe even yours one day.
Old 30-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Scoobie Noobie

yeah a freeway road test may be called for, also maybe a spin around the block. Pick up your workshop manual and turn to the fault tracing section. There are step by step tests that cover everything it could be, no where in here i can see "take it for a burn and try to chirp 3rd bro"
Old 30-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Jaye at standard level

This was certainly not an advertisment for alternative mechanics, it was simply an "im not impressed at the way my car was treated while it was in being fixed". and has anyone else here, being subaru owners had issues? At the end of the day i want my car to be looked after by people who 1. Know what they are doing and 2. Have some respect for cars. I dont want my car being trashed by a P plater who wants a change from driving his Barina so gets his kicks from driving performance cars flat out art work.

The truth is i generally dont let anyone else drive my car, i am mildly protective over it and if anyone i did trust to drive it rung its neck, i would react in a similar fashion.

And if i choose to drive my car hard and something breaks, then i have to wear it. If i have to fix something that someone else has done, or it gets confiscated under the "hoon laws" while someone else is driving it then of course im gong to be angry.

I would be interested to hear from anyone that has had their car trashed or impounded as a result of someonelses actions that doesnt feel the same way.
Old 30-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Scoobie Noobie

im sure if this was standard precedure subaru would have explained this
Old 30-10-2009, 01:13 PM

I don't think an Apprentice would have driven your car anyway, hence why there were 2 people in it. A qualified tech or foreman would be in the drivers seat and an apprentice as a passenger....

Every workshop has horror stories......

I know for a fact that an Auto classic tech parked an E46 M3 on it's roof on the Burswood golf course.......

My dad's Patrol was T-boned on Scarb bch rd after being tinted but prior to being delivered.

I'd be happy if a breakage happened whilst the car was in the dealers hands....they're responsible for it & in the best position to repair it!
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 30-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post

446RLi Premium is around $250 - $300 fitted depending on what options you want i.e selective unlock , window rollup etc.

Rossco, I'm not sure who is supplying and fitting 446rli premiums for $250 - $300, sounds too cheap.
Old 30-10-2009, 01:26 PM

That's what I paid in November last year.
Came with the external PIR sensor as a bonus aswell.....Autowatch ever go on special?

Won't say who it was due to me having to re-wire 90% of it.....Solder must have been in short supply the day mine was fitted

Tags
car, flashing, immobiliser, key, light, start