Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

VETTETOREX at standard level

Is it a case of -

-imposing large fines on people that will/can pay them (without question) for remedial and small acts of infringement

-or giving community service/ counselling/ help to the Major F**KWITS that repeatedly offend on a larger and increasingly larger scale (And that's just what they get "caught" for....)

I need counselling for my 6KM/H infringement. I could have killed someone. I can't sleep at night because of these nightmares. I thought it was a 90 but it changed to an 80 when I stared at my speedo to make sure I wasn't speeding.

I shall burn in Hell along with the 10 cars that were overtaking me at the time that probably didn't get pinged.

PS: This was years ago, I have now learned to obey my overlords and now live in a glass tube where they harvest me for my bodyheat (everyone learned not to infringe anymore and there was no more profit to be made - something had to be done - it's for our own safety)
Old 30-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

nasty sti at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTETOREX View Post
Is it a case of -

-imposing large fines on people that will/can pay them (without question) for remedial and small acts of infringement

-or giving community service/ counselling/ help to the Major F**KWITS that repeatedly offend on a larger and increasingly larger scale (And that's just what they get "caught" for....)

I need counselling for my 6KM/H infringement. I could have killed someone. I can't sleep at night because of these nightmares. I thought it was a 90 but it changed to an 80 when I stared at my speedo to make sure I wasn't speeding.

I shall burn in Hell along with the 10 cars that were overtaking me at the time that probably didn't get pinged.

PS: This was years ago, I have now learned to obey my overlords and now live in a glass tube where they harvest me for my bodyheat (everyone learned not to infringe anymore and there was no more profit to be made - something had to be done - it's for our own safety)
You're off chops... i like it
Old 30-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

VETTETOREX at standard level
Smile

Yeah, you're right. I'm crazy but it's making me a better person. I feel like making a citizen's arrests 10 times a day.

I see so many laws being broken every day, I spend more time these days making sure I don't break any kind of law than having any fun. I'm known for it.

I am what my friends call an infringement magnet. Luckily, I've barely been done for anything just people around me.

I say "don't ride your Motorcross bike there, it's illegal. (They've done it for 5+ years, when I'm there....Hello Ranger)

You're not allowed to camp here (hello C.A.L.M)

Can't launch your boat here (Hello water police - damaging reef in the middle of nowhere)

Don't drive down that non-sign-posted road (Hello private property owner )

Don't have rod holders or spotlights sticking off your bullbar that were sold with your car from a dealership...

I want to follow the rules... there are just so many it's hard to keep up.

When I was younger, we always got a warning for infringements, and we learned not to do it again.

Now... Whether it's the Ranger, Water Police, CALM or a Policeman the book is already out filling out the fine.

What shits me most is I see every Tom, Dick and Harry swilling beers in their boats out on the water and at the ramp, then hop in their cars and drive home.

The bit that shits me is that I know if I do it I'll get busted, but hey, that's just me!!!!

(Be cool, I'm not that paranoid, I'm sure someone can relate, and after all, these laws are all there for a reason)
Old 31-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Sir AntiLag

Insome at standard level

LOL reminds me of that old joke... '' If you are paranoid, don't press any numbers, we know where you live and will come get you''....
Old 31-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
I dont see why this is a strange request. The guy reads your add on gumtree at work. Wont be able to get there before 6pm. How is that weird?
All well and good, its just the point of if you cant make it out for like 10 hours, call at a decent time.
Surprisingly enough they bought the car.
Old 31-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
But I must say he was totally cool about it and said he was just warning us because it's a $600.00 fine and the water police were everywhere.
My experiences with Water Police have always been good 'only ever been pulled up for random safety checks and once when my mate got drunk on the Swan and started chasing Seagulls '

Rangers are a different story though they always try to strike absolute fear into you by threatening to confiscate your boat for being 1 knot over when entering an estuary from extremely rough seas

inb4 do the crime pay the fine/you're lucky you didn't get fined/why complain etc as throttle response and boat reaction times are a lot different when sea level changes and you're trying not to get washed up into large rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX-REX View Post
All well and good, its just the point of if you cant make it out for like 10 hours, call at a decent time.
Surprisingly enough they bought the car.
Totally agree, its not as if you're going to hold off a potential buyer if someone makes an offer before hand.

Quote:
What shits me most is I see every Tom, Dick and Harry swilling beers in their boats out on the water and at the ramp, then hop in their cars and drive home.
Lol boat ramps, I've had some great experiences there, Best ones would be:

- One guy thought it would be smart to launch his boat through the middle of the ramp when both sides were full, making me have to dart over the front of our hull to stop its outboard piercing the hull;
- Watching someguy reverse his boat in at speed 'with all but a rope holding it to the trailer', when he jumped on the brakes to launch it, he wasn't fully down so we had the pleasure of watching the boat skim a little down the ramp and snap off the rope once it got tension; and
- Little kids taking boats off trailers, whilst dad stays in the car.

Last edited by mARC; 31-12-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 31-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

"Ramp Rage" is always entertaining!

P.s I've seen it ~3000~ times..... <- he he that brings me to 3000 whores
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 31-12-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 31-12-2010, 09:35 AM

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
"Ramp Rage" is always entertaining!
Totally agree The ole mans a bit more experienced then me, but I have many memories after we uncoupled our straps etc 'getting ready to launch', the ole man would tap me on the shoulder and silently say.

'look at this idiot' lols and rage always ensued
Old 31-12-2010, 09:38 AM
Subaru Tech Division

magic1 knows their stuff

down in bussleton at the ramp enjoying all shenanigans
Old 31-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Subaru Tech Division

wawa at standard level

Two of my old man's boat ramp fails. Put the boat in of a small beach in one of the at the Dawesville Cut. Went out in the ocean fishing. Came back a few hours later to find the Troopie up to it's axles in quicksand.

Fail number 2. Attempted to get the boat back onto the trailer at the Dawesville boat ramp. Starts to smell smoke, cabin of the Navara then fills up with smoke. Checks under the bonnet to find an electrical fire. Runs for the fire extinguisher kept in the boat.

Tags
grrrrr, things, v20