Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:43 PM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_H View Post
...but high speed crashes aren't the only way teenagers are writing cars, and themselves off. ...
I think drivers are probably better than they were 20+ years ago, problem is the tyres and cars handle sooo much better these days.

In the "old days" you couldn't carry as much speed through a corner before the car lost control, modern cars and tyres mean motorists are going much faster through a turn at the point they loose control and do much more damage to themselves.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:56 AM
STI Master

AWDmoke at standard level

Yes Okibi, the 165/14 crossply tyres on my old HG certainly limited it's cornering speed, and the 161 with "three on the tree" limited its straight line acceleration. Modern cars are capable of much more.

I have one son off his Ps (and sitting on 11 points) and another about to sit his test.
I think this law is long overdue. Until you get a FULL license you need to pull your head in.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

To all you whinging P-platers... Lay off the pipe.

You are a novice driver. You have no skill. If you are still 17 your brain and peripheral vision is actually still developing. You are more likely to succumb to peer pressure and do stupid things. Trust me, I've been there!

4 points is a hell of a lot in a year. It takes 3 years to get your points back, so this means you would be losing your license within 3 years at that rate. As you are new to driving, you should be cautious, not speeding everywhere. Getting caught twice in a year for doing 10-20kph over the speed limit is just not on and causing danger for many others on the road.

And I agree with others that the P plate should be placed in a regular visable spot.

It's funny how when you are a novice driver, you don't want people to know so you look cool going through the bottle shop. When you are a bit older you realise how you want all the P-platers to be extremely visable so you can prepare for the unexpected.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

+1 for p-plates being more visable! But only so you get some warning to have a good perve on any young hussies present!

JDM version 3 STi RA
Old 05-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Sign me up!
STI Master

Avalanche at standard level

p platers should be limited to 1.4L cars :P
Old 05-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Subaru Tech Division

[REXPLOIT] at standard level
Send a message via MSN to [REXPLOIT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post

You are a novice driver. You have no skill. If you are still 17 your brain and peripheral vision is actually still developing. You are more likely to succumb to peer pressure and do stupid things. Trust me, I've been there!

4 points is a hell of a lot in a year. It takes 3 years to get your points back, so this means you would be losing your license within 3 years at that rate. As you are new to driving, you should be cautious, not speeding everywhere. Getting caught twice in a year for doing 10-20kph over the speed limit is just not on and causing danger for many others on the road.

And I agree with others that the P plate should be placed in a regular visable spot.

It's funny how when you are a novice driver, you don't want people to know so you look cool going through the bottle shop. When you are a bit older you realise how you want all the P-platers to be extremely visable so you can prepare for the unexpected.
^ WHS.

I cant believe how many idiotic young people we have here.

*Goes looking for Steve's number to join the 'other side...'

Brent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Agree John, if you don't speed you won't lose your license and you'll keep your job. It's your choice to speed and therefore YOUR choice whether you keep your license or not.

Drivers especially younger drivers are getting worse not better which is also due to the performance of the cars nowadays being alot better than what you old boy or grandfather drove to the Police Station to grab their license without sitting a test.

Alot of younger people (not all of you of course) nowadays just expect to have things their own way as they are to used to being handed shit on a platter and when things get a little tougher they stamp their feet like alot of you are doing now rather than accepting it an changing your behaviour accordingly.

My 3c

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!

Last edited by BOMB3R; 05-11-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Master D knows their stuff

Kato is bang on the money!!!

I also agree with the idea of restricting p platers back to n/a / "underpowered" cars.

With experience and know how lacking there is no need for excessive hp to confuse matters.

Just like motorcyclists - 250cc for a year then open class license.

P platers might hate it but they would be beat off living past the p plates to see where us " old withered" types are coming from.

There is a time and place for everything.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Sign me up!
82 of 200

_daz_ at standard level

i haven't read all the posts on this thread...but from the article it seems they will be punishing P platers for making mistakes on the roads...

here's a thought...

WHY NOT TRAIN THEM THOROUGHLY ENOUGH BEFORE THEY GET THEIR P's THAT THEY DON"T MAKE MISTAKES ON THE ROAD

That wasn't a U-turn! It was two consecutive right hand turns.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

blackwrxwagon at standard level

Wow alot of crack pipe here

Making the penalties harsher for P-platers is a crock of shit, yes they are less experianced but how many older drivers could pass a current driving test?

Everybody i know with a shitbox for their first car thrashed the shit out of it because they didnt care about it, where everybody who got something decent or something fast looked after it, and didnt drive like a knob, as they were scared of either being done on hoon laws or writing it off.

I'd bet that some of the younger kids on here would drive alot more aware than the majority of the population, and how else do you expect them to learn if they cant practise/learn.

Tags
backseat bandits, ban commodores and falcons!, ban p platers from breathing, laws, marc got baited by an l plater, p plater rage, plater, ridiculous, skids = good driver