Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

beernuts at standard level

Sorry to see your pride and joy like this. Hope you can sort things out with the insurance.
Old 18-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
Insurance companies have never done parts location, this is all undertaken by the panel beater, and factored into the quote for repairs. There aren't as many ex-panel beaters as assessors now-days, most are trained up by the insurance companies and approve quotes via digital images sent in by the panel shops.

Fuck the repair cost, you're v.lucky to have walked away from that one mate, but I'd assume the car was fairly new at the time and it was quoted with brand new parts?

Based on those prices it would most definitely be repaired, and if you're getting quotes from people of $1k to paint guards, its time to jump ship.

Then it will get repaired, remember the insured value, as mentioned by the owner is $20k.
yes brand new parts im assuming for my car to have been fixed...

Those prices im quoting are scavenge prices not insurance prices...

Lastly read all that i wrote before u write... 1K to paint bonnent, bumper and gaurds...
Old 18-07-2010, 12:56 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Like i said tino, i got a naked cut for 1k - so no motor or box - but everything else - guards bonnet lights rad support bumper etc

Subaru shitter ... and my accident was substantially higher than 100kmh

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 18-07-2010, 12:56 PM

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
Lastly read all that i wrote before u write... 1K to paint bonnent, bumper and gaurds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex View Post
Then you will need to paint it all... bumper, bonnent, atleast 1k to paint gaurds maybe 500 then also need to blend it with the doors etc..
/mode grammar natzi

Then you will need to paint it all... bumper [Pause] bonnent [Pause] atleast 1k to paint gaurds maybe 500 then also

Comma Use

1. Use commas to separate independent clauses when they are joined by any of these seven coordinating conjunctions: and, but, for, or, nor, so, yet.

2. Use commas after introductory a) clauses, b) phrases, or c) words that come before the main clause.

3. Use a pair of commas in the middle of a sentence to set off clauses, phrases, and words that are not essential to the meaning of the sentence. Use one comma before to indicate the beginning of the pause and one at the end to indicate the end of the pause.

4. Do not use commas to set off essential elements of the sentence, such as clauses beginning with that (relative clauses). That clauses after nouns are always essential. That clauses following a verb expressing mental action are always essential.

5. Use commas to separate three or more words, phrases, or clauses written in a series.

6. Use commas to separate two or more coordinate adjectives that describe the same noun. Be sure never to add an extra comma between the final adjective and the noun itself or to use commas with non-coordinate adjectives.

7. Use a comma near the end of a sentence to separate contrasted coordinate elements or to indicate a distinct pause or shift.

8. Use commas to set off phrases at the end of the sentence that refer back to the beginning or middle of the sentence. Such phrases are free modifiers that can be placed anywhere in the sentence without causing confusion. (If the placement of the modifier causes confusion, then it is not "free" and must remain "bound" to the word it modifies.)

9. Use commas to set off all geographical names, items in dates (except the month and day), addresses (except the street number and name), and titles in names.

10. Use a comma to shift between the main discourse and a quotation.

11. Use commas wherever necessary to prevent possible confusion or misreading.

Comma Abuse

12. Don't use a comma to separate the subject from the verb.

13. Don't put a comma between the two verbs or verb phrases in a compound predicate.

14. Don't put a comma between the two nouns, noun phrases, or noun clauses in a compound subject or compound object.

15. Don't put a comma after the main clause when a dependent (subordinate) clause follows it (except for cases of extreme contrast).

Might need to mental rollerdex that mate.
Old 18-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Sign me up!
From one V8 to another!

jasonmurray at standard level

Ok time to close thread... best of luck with the outcome mate. Let us know how it goes.

TEAM オレンジ

Dyno queen
Old 18-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Sorry to see another MY00 STi bite the dust, a real shame.

Unfortunately I think this will be a write off mate, I would grab your rims and any other pieces that are not listed on your insurance policy before the car is disposed of.

a 20K payout should get you a good replacement if you have patience and a good look around.

I know the feeling of driving around sick and very fatigued, and the old brain just does not work properly at the time.
The main thing is you can walk away from it a little wiser...

Best of luck.
Old 18-07-2010, 01:24 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

MY05GT at standard level

cheers mate, i appreciate your input. yeh your right in saying when your not well your not in a great state of mind, you have no idea how much i wish i just stayed home, it was such a spur of the moment thing to head out to rent a movie after being in on the couch feeling sorry for myself all day, but i guess what's done is done, as everyone keeps telling me the important thing is the other driver and i walked away, i can always find another nice car,
Old 18-07-2010, 01:43 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
/mode grammar natzi

Then you will need to paint it all... bumper [Pause] bonnent [Pause] atleast 1k to paint gaurds maybe 500 then also

Comma Use
Blah blah blah spanner alert
Old 18-07-2010, 01:45 PM
Sign me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
Like i said tino, i got a naked cut for 1k - so no motor or box - but everything else - guards bonnet lights rad support bumper etc

Subaru shitter ... and my accident was substantially higher than 100kmh
hahah how long ago was that though TJ?? add inflation and subaru cuts being more expensive than yester year
Old 18-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Hey Marc, you're awesome. Will you be my Best Man?

P.S I was joking.

Tags
repairable