Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Running on TMIC, but additional turbo cooling is required if he goes on the track.

Standard fuel reg atm.... as you suggested. (Good call Kato, std reg works for less than 350hp but definitely require a bigger one if Simon wants much more hp further down the track.)

HKS WGA is fully adjustable and is an upgraded one that comes with the HKS kit. As to what pressure we set it at on the actuator --- keeping it to ourselves..... sorry.

Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Good result.

Just checking is that with TMIC or FMIC?

Also what pressure rating is the WGA in the HKS kit? Could a higher rated one hold that torque curve flatter for longer?
Old 27-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

the stock fpr wont ever be a limitation, not until you reach the maximum flow of its line size and fuel pump volume. (line size is capable of up to 600hp).

Long live the WRC
Old 27-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Agreed Russ. You are on the money here. We have set this car up with good response through the rpm ranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSGT View Post
TMIC and FMIC dont increase lag. The size of the exhaust housing does. They only matter to throttle response.

Very nice result Mao!!!

BTW what lag? This is a GT28 Twin-entry. This thing goes and didnt even need to set up the anti-lag.

Chasing a number is secondary to responsive driveability in our tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC View Post
Turbo seems quite big, there's a fair bit of lag there even with a TMIC. Good power and torque nonetheless!
Old 27-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

The set-up on the standard fuel system is great, but when we mod the car futher on, we will need to chg the whole fuel set up inclusive of rails and reg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna View Post
the stock fpr wont ever be a limitation, not until you reach the maximum flow of its line size and fuel pump volume. (line size is capable of up to 600hp).
Old 27-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

sweet results mao, i always thought this turbo was a bit big for a 2.0 litre but getting 300 horsies under 5k rpm is very good, will sure be fun to drive, the vipec can run auto waterspray for the tmic? or does it already have that as stock? i can't remember
Old 27-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Stock water spray, but as with most ecu's, you can always link it up and program the water spray if you want to.
Old 27-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
The set-up on the standard fuel system is great, but when we mod the car futher on, we will need to chg the whole fuel set up inclusive of rails and reg.
ok, plenty of capacity in the stock fuel system with only a pump a few tweaks. i certainly wouldnt bother under 500hp.

Long live the WRC
Old 27-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

red dragon2002 at standard level

very nice, great work congrats
Old 27-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Yes agreed that the capacity is there. What we have found so far is that cylinder 1 on most rexes always seem be running that tad lean on the standard fuel sys. I havent gone so far as to research into this as yet.

If and only if he does decide to track it, braided fuel lines (standard rubber lines do expand), surge tank (additional pump) and aftermarket rails, which the stock reg will not be accomodating, will be required.
Old 27-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Sign me up!
Scoobie Doobie

RoughStilin at standard level

Hey everyone.

Firstly I want to thank both Warick and Mao for all their help support and advice, through this whole process. To be honest, I did not think it would be that big of a job. Chuck a set of headers on there, change the sump, bang a turbo in, change the computer and away we go, how hard can it be?......... How wrong was I

I was there for a good part of the build watching things progress, day by day, when I was not at work. Its a big task to complete all that work, especially with the day to day work they also have to do.

Now take into account, cam angle sensor issues, power steering issues as such that raised their heads whilst doing the build, I personally think they have done an excellent job. We also had to wait 10 days for the SARD 800cc injectors from Japan.

So again, thank you Mao and Warick at Evolution R. You will be seeing more of me. For sure.

Now the part I assume you all want to read. Driving home it was raining, but I still gave it a couple of boot fulls

It does show to be laggy on the dyno, but it does not seem to drive like this. Its weird, not quite sure how to put it so everyone understands, so bear with me.

The VF35, came on strong at about 3700 rpm when looking at the tacho when driving, but it started to run out of punch just before 6500. This is after the boost had been set at 1.6bar and the verso tune done at ASG.

With the HKS and the vipec tune, it still seems to pull quite hard from 3500, albeit, not as hard as the VF35, but seems similar to me. But once it gets to around 4500 - 4600, you really get that 'whack' in the back of your seat. It revs all the way to 7500, which is red-line for me so I change, but I can assure it seems to want to go more & does not die off.

These are obviously my findings after only 30 min of driving, but they say first impressions last.

Its a whole different car to drive and I am really looking forward to testing it out more tomorrow, or when it drys up a little.

Max boost is reached at about 4700 rpm and it only drops off by .2 of a bar (or there about) to 1.4 ish by 7500 rpm. There is no need to change the waste gate actuator over, the one on the turbo is great. So is the boost controller, I am still running the standard Subaru one, I did buy a Grimmspeed one, but we did not use it.

Coil-overs are great so far, really nice ride, but again I will need some more testing once it drys up a bit. Will report back.

Thanks to everyone on here who has helped me along the way. Gavin for the turbo bracket. Neil for the purge solenoid and anyone else who Mao has not mentioned in a previous post. I really do appreciate your help, advice and knowledge.

Also if it has not been mentioned yet, I am still running the STI TMIC.

Whats next? Well cams for sure........Then on to the closed deck 2.2 stroker.

Simon.

Last edited by RoughStilin; 28-07-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Tags
gdb, roughstilin, sti