Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions > Your Driveway
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Sir AntiLag

dazdavies knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post

Im going old school with the boost control too. I wont actually be using the BCS. Instead i will simply change springs inside the wastegate until the desired boost level is achieved. And run wastegate pressure.
You never fail to surprise me with some of your decisions mate.
Not Quite sure why you'd take this approach. Especially considering the ECU investment you've just made. A capable ECU and a MAC boost control solenoid is as good as it gets boost control wise.

Who's tuning btw?
Old 14-11-2016, 11:55 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Its alot to do with how the turbos mounted. It is incredibly tight down there and i want the pressure lines running ontop of the headers as little as possible.

and you should know me by now. I only want one boost setting - max boost.

I will be getting the same place i bought the ECU from to tune it.
Old 15-11-2016, 09:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Sneakynuts at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
You are joking right
Of course......
Old 15-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

What boost will you run with the new turbo ?
Old 16-11-2016, 07:36 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

1.5-1.6 bar will be it. I dont have CDB. And wouldnt want to push it any higher than that. And the 1000cc injectors will probably be running out aswell.

Although the DOM 2.5 used to boost creep as much as 1.7bar when racing (from a supposed normal wastegate actuator pressure of 1.4bar) because the internal wastegate valve was an internal wastegate valve.
Old 16-11-2016, 08:21 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

The flow from the gtx30 vs dom at that boost will be huge gains...

Mine was 65hp between the 30 and td05 with 30 front ..the 2 both at 21 psi

using the Perth-WRX mobile app
Old 16-11-2016, 09:01 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob92 View Post
The flow from the gtx30 vs dom at that boost will be huge gains...

Mine was 65hp between the 30 and td05 with 30 front ..the 2 both at 21 psi

Yeah. Im hoping for more power at a similar boost. The 3076 has the exact same turbine wheel as the DOM2.5. But its in a Tial housing and not the stock location config. So im hoping for gains there. The wastegate is huge and its in screamer config, so im hoping for bigger gains there. The compressor wheel is the Garrett 76mm GTX wheel, not the Blouch 71 XTR wheel. So im hoping for gains there. The intercooler is bigger and in front mount setup, so im hoping for gains there. The headers are my own design, and are shorter than a stock location setup, hoping for spool gains there. The turbo back exhaust is my own design and is shorter than OEM so im hoping for gains there. There is virtually no turbo intake piping, and what there is is 4" so im hoping for gains there. The ECU is different, and will be without a MAF so im hoping it can be tubed harder.

Time will tell.
Old 16-11-2016, 09:36 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Speed density tune will give good gains for sure.. will be improvements all round

Old 16-11-2016, 02:04 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Fuk the GTX3076. Should have gone one of these bad boys.

DZENCI and Soksta like this.
Old 21-11-2016, 07:51 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Over the weekend i did a little bit more work to the Sled. ECU is now 99% wired in.

I wired in the existing fuel pump duty cycle controller to run the intank pump. I had previously bypassed it with the OEM ECU, now with the aftermarket ECU im going back to using it. It will only controll duty on the intank lift pump. I have wired a dedicated output to also switch the main pump in the surge can. Used the L/H TGV motor wiring because it goes from the ECU right next to the relay. That means i can rip out all my old patch wiring to/from my rear pump, and neatens everything up nicely.

I have wired 2 bosch LSU4.9 Wideband LAMBDA sensors direct to the Link ECU. (It can run the widebands direct without any external wideband controllers.)

I also wired in the 4 X ABS wheel speed sensors. Im toying with the idea of running the DCCD from within the ECU. It has built in accelerometers, plus easy access to all the inputs the DCCDpro has, plus many more. So opens up alot of options for tuning DCCD. Dont know at this stage, but i like the flexibility of it if i do.

I also started wiring in a bunch of additional sensors for the ECU to monitor. Fuel pressure, oil pressure, low coolant level switch, and IAT. I was going to use my existing PLX sensors to cover those things, but apparently the ECU doesnt like sensors that run to earth like most guage sensors. So i have ordered a Honeywell stainless steel 5v 100psi pressure transducer for the fuel. And a honeywell brass 5v 10bar pressure transducer for the oil pressure. I used the TGV sensor wiring for both those sensors. Its handy because noth already have the 5v and ground wire inplace. So perfect use is a tranducer/potentiometer sensor. The IAT uses the original wires that would have been used for the OEM IAT built into the MAF. And the low coolant module uses the R/H TGV motor. I also wired the scavenge pump off the A/C wire. (This will need the A/C pressure switch linked out to work though) And im probably gonna wire the old narrow band O2 sensor heater wiring to switch the Accusump solenoid on. So all on all a very nice install using all the old useless wiring that was already inplace.

I then started trying to figire out the PC-Link software to build a start up map. But alot of it isnt making sense to me just yet. Still need more time to figure it all out.

And lastly, i thought id build a engine pre-oiler for first start since the engine has been sitting for so long. An old BBQ cylinder with an air pressure reg and fittings in. A large weld on fill cap to allow oil to be poured into it, and some output plumbing with a straw to siphon from the bottom, an on/off valve, and an oil pressure guage on top.

Strubaru and Dan [GTI] like this.

Tags
sled, yeti

« red car | The Gong »