Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Complaints and Grievances
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2010, 08:32 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

cant you just carry on your redudancy to your next job if your working in the same industry? I know it does in construction with WACIRF. AWA's are so evil.
Old 31-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
Indeed they are, but a little financially remunerated respect goes a long way.
indeed, but its a very blue collar attitude to just expect it, thats what unions are about!

publicly listed companies are more about politics then reward for effort.

seems to be the more you can screw up, the more you get paid!

Long live the WRC
Old 31-05-2010, 09:05 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4GT View Post
cant you just carry on your redudancy to your next job if your working in the same industry? I know it does in construction with WACIRF. AWA's are so evil.
no i dont believe that i can carry it on with me.
Old 31-05-2010, 11:32 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

elemist at standard level
Send a message via MSN to elemist

Before i start i should point out i do run my own business and i have worked a number of different companies.

For the people saying oh we take all the risks the employees have no risk at all. That's not strictly true, the place i worked prior to starting my own business went under owing truck loads of money - thing is a good portion of that truckload was owed to employees. Whilst wages/holiday/severence was covered by the governments GEERS program it still left alot of us out of pocket in unpaid Superannuation/outstanding expense claims etc not to mention basically a phone call saying don't bother coming in tomorrow semi out of the blue wasn't nice. So yes whilst they might not have "risk" per say, it's usually the employees that loose the most.

My personal view is if it was an honest mistake IE you were on 40k and they adjusted it to something stupid like 80k then cop it on the chin, and look somewhere else for work. If the amounts weren't so far apart and it was a discussed figure that they're trying to go back on then fight for it. Even if it's purely to prove the point.

Final words of wisdom... If at all possible try and leave on a good note.. Perth is extremely small and theres a high chance you will have to work with/for someone your dealing with now at some point in the future - whether it be them working for you, you working for them or even them being a client/supplier of yours. Also don't resign until you have accepted and signed contracts for another position. Its easy to say yeah i can get another job easy, but it's usually harder than that. What if it takes 2-3 weeks to get the job, your then looking at another possibly 2-3 weeks before you actually get paid - can you survive for 5-6 weeks without cash flow?
Old 01-06-2010, 07:14 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

So I spoke to my boss this morning and he basically said there's no position here at the level of pay I was raised to. So job hunt starts today. Anyone in need of an experienced process technician supervisor?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

All those saying how easy it is for business owners and how they screw employees down...

Why aren't you running your own businesses?

Or don't you like the part where you lose your house when something goes wrong?

We can all pick on shonky employers who don't pay their employees etc, but thats not the norm. Putting it all on the line, then watching some employee for your client go 'nah not going to pay you actually, its better for us to take this to court' really reminds you what the pro's of being an employee are (you can just walk out).

On topic: Is this pay increase a significant % of your salary? Or is it a stand point that you want a couple of extra thousand? For that 'loss of extra pay' are you willing to have zero pay for potentially a couple of months? Just some things to consider.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

alexm at standard level

The fact of the matter is I'm happy with the money I'm on. I was happy with te money I was on. But you shouldn't be able to give someone an agreement signed by both parties and then take it back. It's not the money I'm upset about it's good money for what I do no matter which way it goes. It's the fact that they've screwed me over three times about my pay and I'm not gonna deal with it anymore if there's something I can do about it.

And as to people starting a business if they are shitty at employers whinging. People start business' when they have goods or services to offer. I enjoy the work that I do. And I'm pretty sure I can't go start a business being a process technician.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Ive suggested this once or twice before.

Burn the place down?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
All those saying how easy it is for business owners and how they screw employees down...

Why aren't you running your own businesses?
No start up capital as my boss doesnt pay me enough

on a side note Kato:

Remember that convo we had ages ago on wd, about effective income distributions? I't may be in your best interests to get up to date with the latest changes to unpaid present entitlements.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Sign me up!

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
The fact of the matter is I'm happy with the money I'm on. I was happy with te money I was on. But you shouldn't be able to give someone an agreement signed by both parties and then take it back. It's not the money I'm upset about it's good money for what I do no matter which way it goes. It's the fact that they've screwed me over three times about my pay and I'm not gonna deal with it anymore if there's something I can do about it.

And as to people starting a business if they are shitty at employers whinging. People start business' when they have goods or services to offer. I enjoy the work that I do. And I'm pretty sure I can't go start a business being a process technician.
Then why would u quit.. ud rather loose your car on ur prinicples.. pretty childish behaviour imo.. Stay with that job until another comes your way, dont go quiting because u got your panties in a knot.. In all seriousness 4K over 1 yr is fk all a week (i.e $75) so if you couldnt afford your car because you couldnt get your payrise then really you couldnt afford your car to begin with..

Tags
pay, rise, taking