Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Non-WRX Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree193Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIGSTi
Beer does substitute for a nightly meal. Eat no breakfast then have a sandwich for lunch then in the arvo if your hungry snack on some jerky with a few beers then don't eat dinner.
Crikey!
Old 20-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Just had my weigh in for this week .. Dropped 1KG .. Fairly careful food intake, 5 intense gym sessions.

So that's 2.4KG's in 2 weeks. On a roll now.
Old 20-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx

I have a tennis court at home and because I don't feel safe walking around my area I use my tennis court. I just recently quit tennis after playing for 12years (sometimes did up to 30hours a week of it) so I needed to pick up something to keep my fitness levels up.

10laps of a tennis court = almost 1km.

I either walk around it for half an hour... or walk for 10mins, then run 10laps then finish walking till I make up half an hour. Sometimes I do sprints up the tramlines... all depends what I feel like really, as long as I'm getting some exercise! I try and do it everyday but if I don't get to do it I don't worry about it. I don't put on weight easily so I'm lucky, it's just to keep my fitness going.

I-pod keeps me motivated, but i like exercising on my own, clears my head and I don't have the urge to muck around.

Started doing the beep test every month also, just so I can see where I am at. During my peak at tennis I could get past level 8. Now I'm at level 5.5... so I need to work at it obviously haha.

I eat fairly well, eat small portions rather than large meals... and I'll happily admit im addicted to chocolate lol. Not worried about losing weight, just would like to tone up a bit... but I'm pretty happy with my body

Ginger Ninja...
Old 20-05-2008, 11:18 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

ahh the beep test.. back when i was life saving and playing footy, i could get into the 13's or 14's... i'd be lucky to get to 4 now i recon

Megs, you should host the p-wrx wimbledon at your place, have a bit of a hit around and get some fitness at the same time!

ps: way to brag with the tennis court!
Old 20-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Adr3naL1N at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adr3naL1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
ahh the beep test.. back when i was life saving and playing footy, i could get into the 13's or 14's... i'd be lucky to get to 4 now i recon
pre season training for footy in feb, we had to do the beep test, it was about 6pm and still 37 degrees sun glaring down right on top of us out on the middle of the oval, possibly the worst conditions ever to do the beep test. Think i lost 2-3 kilos just in that short space of time.
Old 20-05-2008, 11:27 AM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Got horribly skinny about 12 months ago, then maintained for a bit then just stacked it all back on over the summer holidays, not having a balanced diet was the cause, just got to the point where i couldnt maintain

Im now back down to 11 percent body fat but im 7 kilos heavier, can do 110 pushups, bench 1.4 times my weight and really getting a ripped stomach

The key is still diet and i now realise just how important a good diet is, im eating 5-6 meals a day with just mega amounts of protien but i do work hard for it, my gym sessions which i do 5 days a week begin with a 2km fast run then 5 minutes of skipping, 45-50 minutes of 2 muscle groups on the weights then a 1km warm down and its a good amount of exercise to maintain too as opposed to where i was previously running 8km a day. Im now also starting to get into rock climbing which im doing once a week and still occasionally run 8km when i feel like it

Hydroxycut is the biggest load of shit, a friend of mine, an elite athlete who was taking it to get ripped without having to diet was taking it and started having heart problems. Everyone should be smart enough to stay away from it, except polar, why work for something when you can just throw money at it

Good luck Scotty, good to hear youre doing something for you health, and keep at it, theres no feeling of accomplishment greater than getting your confidence back
Old 20-05-2008, 11:45 AM

RichX knows their stuff

Beep test is killer, i am also doing that once a month. If you can make it to 13+ you are doing very very well.

I did it about a month ago now, made level 8 as a baseline which isn't too bad. Aiming to get to 9 this time around. Beep test is killer, have a spew bucket handy.

PS Megs, Laps of the tennis court with a beer in your hand on the pocket bikes doesn't count as excercise!
Old 20-05-2008, 11:49 AM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Did 14.5 a few months back
Old 20-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Try holding 3 pound dumbells and shadow boxing for 3 minutes and see how many rounds you can do. My boxing coach in US was kickboxing world champion about 5 years ago and he used to train by doing 5 pound dumbells shadow boxing for 3 minutes for 10 rounds. He also would get his brother to stand on his stomach while he did sets of crunches or hit him in the stomach hard while crunching. Crazy little dude.
Old 20-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DarkMoose at standard level

I do most of my running trying to capture either the stables/mine/lumber yard in athari basin ^^

Tags
do you even lift? srsly, fitness, health, wellbeing